Affixing Lightweaver Question

I've been preparing for when we finally get the Lightweaver weapons (or whatever they will be called on global). I have an Atlas EX and a Rivalate weapon and I would like to have a combination of the 2 weapon's augments on my lightweaver. I'm just not sure how to do it.

My Atlas EX has the following 8 Augments:

**S1: Aggressive Will

S2: Aggressive Will

S3: Aggressive Will

S4: Lifesteal Strike

Graceful Might

Might VI

Astral Soul

Phrase Weak**

The main augment from my Rivalate that I would want on my Lightweaver is S5: Skillful Adept Will. So what I would like to end up with is the following:

**S1: Aggressive Will

S2: Aggressive Will

S3: Aggressive Will

S5: Skillful Adept Will

Graceful Might

Might VI

Phrase Weak**

So how would I go about getting the above augment set on my Lightweaver?

1. Swap junk augs with SSA.
  2. Once your S1-5 are on, upslot to 8s.
  3. Affix using the Special Factors from like, 8s melee dim weapon and whatever has phrase weak (I forgot what does) and your capsule. Bam, done.

@Tec-9-IceFox As Satori said, it's probably a better use of resources to just buy another Graceful Might capsule (later this week the prices should go down from the support scratch), an 8s melee Dim weapon for the Might 6 SAF, and any 8s Basilisk weapon for Phrase Decay (under 1M right now due to dropping like candy from Armada).

Otherwise you'd transfer all the SSAs to Lightweaver and then upslot to 8 slots as Satori specified. Then you'd use 100 transfer passes to add Might 6 + Phrase Decay from either weapon. I'm assuming you can transfer Graceful Might as well, but if not you'd just add it again with a Capsule.

Edit: Whoops, mixed up Phrase Decay with Phrase Weak! Sorry about that; please see AndrlCh's answer for Phrase Weak SAF sources.

@Tec-9-IceFox I agree with AwkwardSatori's suggestion too. That would be the most cost effective way. Also the Lightweaver series weapons can change categories and the gunblade version has both of the S4/S5 augments you need, there's actually no need to really hurt the Atlas EX or Rivalate weapons you have.

The detailed process will be something like follows. I take the scenario of recycling S2: Aggressive Will from the Atlas EX, as that S2 augment is a bit expensive now. If you could afford a new S2: Aggressive Will, you would be simply able to transfer all three Aggressive Wills to the weapon instead of the steps 1-4.

1. Get the gunblade base weapon of the Lightweaver (Darkbanisher Ayer Tier in fan translation).
  2. Add a cheap S2 augment to it.
  3. Use Transfer S-grade Augment to swap the augment with the S2: Aggressive Will on the Atlas Ex weapon. I recommend to do this step in 0 meseta cost campaign period, as transferring S-grade augments with an 8-slot weapon can cost more than 1M meseta.
  4. Add S1: Augment Will and S3: Augment Will to the weapon. These two are really cheap.
  5. Enhance the gunblade to +35. Now it has the augment factor of S4: Lifesteal Strike, affix the S4.
  6. Upgrade the gunblade to Lightweaver (Lightweaver Cras Tier in fan translation). This upgraded weapon has the augment factor of S5: Skillful Adept Will, affix that S5.
  7. All S-grade augments from S1 to S5 have been added, change the weapon category to the category you want.
  8. Upslot it to 8 and add other augments.

Just to add on to all that has been said, Phrase Weak is the SAF of the Fornis, Homura, Xien, Guren, and Occuld weapon lines.

@Fiona-Respha So both the weapon that I am transferring augments from and the weapon that I am transferring augments to need to have the same grade of s-augment on them?

@Tec-9-IceFox sorry for the late reply. I've been a bit busy upon a release of some other game.

The reason I put an S2 on the Lightweaver is to keep the Atlas Ex as 8-slot.

Case 1

If we use the Transfer S-grade Augment feature without having an S2 augment on the base weapon,

Lightweaver Atlas Ex
junk augment 1 S1: Aggressive Will
junk augment 2 S2: Aggressive Will
junk augment 3 S3: Aggressive Will
<<< S4: Lifesteal Strike
Graceful Might
Might VI
Astral Soul
Phrase Weak

the Atlas Ex loses one slot for the S2: Aggressive Will which goes out and becomes a 7-slot.

Lightweaver Atlas Ex
S2: Aggressive Will S1: Aggressive Will
junk augment 1 S3: Aggressive Will
junk augment 2 S4: Lifesteal Strike
Graceful Might
Might VI
Astral Soul
Phrase Weak

Case 2

Instead, if there was an S2 on the base weapon,

Lightweaver Atlas Ex
S2: a cheap S2 S1: Aggressive Will
junk augment 1 S2: Aggressive Will
junk augment 2 S3: Aggressive Will
<<< S4: Lifesteal Strike
Graceful Might
Might VI
Astral Soul
Phrase Weak

that S2 will be swapped with the S2: Aggressive Will and the Atlas Ex keeps its number of slots.

Lightweaver Atlas Ex
S2: Aggressive Will S1: Aggressive Will
junk augment 1 S2: a cheap S2
junk augment 2 S3: Aggressive Will
Graceful Might
Might VI
Astral Soul
Phrase Weak

So if you don't need to keep the Atlas Ex as 8-slot, you can simply go for the first case.

Can't I just use Augment Transfer Passes to do it? Would that be easier?

@Tec-9-IceFox that won't work. Although the names are similar, Transfer Augment(s) and Transfer S-grade Augment are totally different system working on different logic. Transfer Augment(s) can't move S-grade augments and Transfer S-grade Augment can't move regular (non S-grade) augments.

So if I'm understanding this right, I would need to get an 8-Slot Lightweaver with S1, S2, S3, S4, and S5 on it, then transfer the S1, S2, S3, and S4 augments from my Atlas EX to the Lightweaver. Then I would need to transfer my S5 from my Rivalate over to the Lightweaver. (That is, if I want to save my Atlas EX 8-slot and Rivalate 6-slot, which I don't think I'll really need to save them if I get the Lightweaver.)

If I'm not worried about saving the Atlas EX and Rivalate augment slots, then can I just transfer S-Grade augments without having to worry about having S1-S5 on my Lightweaver?

@Tec-9-IceFox said in Affixing Lightweaver Question:

If I'm not worried about saving the Atlas EX and Rivalate augment slots, then can I just transfer S-Grade augments without having to worry about having S1-S5 on my Lightweaver?

Yes.

Ok. Hopefully I know what to do now. Thank you so much for helping me with this.