Top XXXX number of players on a big screen

I was thinking on an easy way to make people more engaged on harder content and was thinking of how would it be to have like a top 100 or something players hunting points on endless team/solo rondo, fastest time attacks and stuff like that be given a reward weekly or monthly.

While having the top 10 or so scores on a big screen.

Or maybe a similar system as in pvp (if more people played that mode)....

Would that make the players saying they have nothing better to do than waiting for the next update actually find it interesting? Kind of like an incentive :3

Because like in most of the games, I feel like the players complaining about not having content is because they do not really play most of the content itself, just the easiest new ones.

I saw this type of behavior a lot lately in other games, for example guild wars 2 where a bunch of people just "run out of content" which is probably the story.. But they never played raids, they do not pvp nor wvw, don't hunt achievements....

Or maybe I'm just mistaken and not aware that the western community has too much of a different taste on what they want in their games compared to the ones on east?

Just going to put out my point my view about the pvp here. The pvp is b4d it does not work out and should be removed
the best course of action is doing a new one. don't ask me how

When people say "there's no content", they specifically mean that they feel they have nothing to farm or hunt for, as the major selling point of games like PSO2 is the character progression than the actual physical content itself.

PSO2 is a very good arcade game, but not many people play it for the experience of playing, it's all about the grind.

I don't think the suggestion above will get people playing conetnt more -- there's already Time Attack rankings at the Visiphone for example (which give SG) but nobody really bothers.

I agree that the pvp in this game is genuinely awful and not even their name on the big screen is going to be an incentive to do more pvp, it’s hands down the worst pvp I’ve ever played. I think maybe the other content has a better chance, though.

@LyssaDhrak said in Top XXXX number of players on a big screen:

I was thinking on an easy way to make people more engaged on harder content and was thinking of how would it be to have like a top 100 or something players hunting points on endless team/solo rondo, fastest time attacks and stuff like that be given a reward weekly or monthly.

While having the top 10 or so scores on a big screen.

Competition, the bane of cooperation.

Or maybe a similar system as in pvp (if more people played that mode)....

Pointless, as PvP will never be popular regardless of what they add to it. Let it die, or more accurately, let it rot as it's already dead.

Would that make the players saying they have nothing better to do than waiting for the next update actually find it interesting? Kind of like an incentive :3

Maybe, until they rush through it too, then complain they have nothing left to do. And round and round we go...

Because like in most of the games, I feel like the players complaining about not having content is because they do not really play most of the content itself, just the easiest new ones.

Nah, the developers just spend too much time trying to add thing that are "difficult" by bloating the enemy health and damage to get someone killed, insted of wondering why most people don't play that kind of content. You should insted encourage them to try something original for once in their game developing careers. NGS is the perfect opportuinity to balance the game differently, and it might seem different in the beginning. But as it goes on, i'm sure they will get the good ol' "power creep" which requires more HP and damage bloat, since it so easy and convenient.

I saw this type of behavior a lot lately in other games, for example guild wars 2 where a bunch of people just "run out of content" which is probably the story.. But they never played raids, they do not pvp nor wvw.

Yeah, cue mystery music, again. Good thing GW2 developers have given up on all that too. More than the developers of PSO2 for sure. Now if they only dedicated time an effort to making all abilities and equipment different between game modes. Then balance would be easier to achieve, since it's impossible when they are connected.

Or maybe I'm just mistaken and not aware that the western community has too much of a different taste on what they want in their games compared to the ones on east?

Unsurprisingly you don't know what other people enjoy. I could have told you that from the get go. The obvious is nothing new.

A bigger scale pvp would be a lot more appealing, it’s huge on GW2 and has a good chunk of people on FFXIV. I don’t like small knit teams and tight spaces. Give me a capture the flag style, or a defend the towers! And 50+ people, that’s the only pvp I love. You can split up or follow the group, you’re not stuck in a tiny room. The combat in PSO2 would work beautifully.

Instead we get a crappy box and can’t even choose our own weapon, you pull a random weapon out of a hat and either live with it or keep trying. Who thought that would be fun? People want to play their favorite class.

Some kind of pvp gear would be cool too (like wow the more you play pvp more gear you get) not this 1 hit rng bs that we have

If you want competition than add a damage meter to the game so people have a reason to min max their gear and learn fights. This literally works in any other mmo I have played but for some reason people in pso2 always focus on the negative aspects of dps meters like elitsm or toxicity. I have never had any bad experiences in any mmo concerning dps meters, but the amount of feedback is just incredible motivating for some players. The core problem of the game is that it has literally no content outside of a few 5min urgent quests. It doesn't help that they expect you to farm hundrets of the same mindless triggers for weapons or units when you get them for free a few weeks later. No content and bad gear progression lead to the universal consensus that there is nothing to do which is true. This is also the reason why I would call my ship dead. Everyone already left the game - friends - guildmembers etc. Inflation makes it hard to buy the amount of cosmetics compared to episode 3 where I would just farm some ult quests and sell nemesis weapons. Looking back that time felt way more rewarding than the current state, because you were able to get the BiS weapon fairly fast (drop or market), make decent meseta and just join a party and kill some time. That also made playing other classes more fun because I didn't need to use some bad collection folder weapons. I think I have never seen a game where upgradeable weapons(paths) worked.

Might as well let my piece be known. PVP in this game is under rated in my opinion I have a ton of fun with it (Apart from Volcano Day) and something larger is off putting to me since it will most likely cause people to have FPS lag from the amount of players and in the case of Xbox One players cause their game to completely crash since the game is clearly in need of fixing on that platform after playing on it myself. This leaderboard idea however has the potential to go the way you intended it or it could turn into a toxic elitist festival of “I am so much better than you git gud”

@Yui2387 So at the begining of your post you say that people need to get better gear and maximize the dmg. BUT in the middle you say that sucks that the game give free gear. hmm

Anyway i think the pve side of the game is just fine Especialy with NG around of the corner

And i love the fact that They are giving actualy good Gear to everyone who plays the game(That's Fucking Amazing) So many people on my Alliance Work have kids and don't have time to grind stuff so for then is super good and for everyone in general is good.
Just delete the pvp make a new one and we good to go

@Falador-de-bosta Your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I said dps meters could offer motivation/reasons to optimize gear, nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to do x-amounts of damage. Different classes in pso2 accel in different environments therefore you cannout just ask for a certain amount of damage unlike games such as WoW. However personal feedback from a damage meter is important for lots of people. This is totally unrelated to the gear progression so idk what you are talking about. The current gear progression is just boring as hell and it is even worse than ult farming for nem/raven weapons (I can't believe I am saying this). Why would you waste hours upon hours of mindlessly grinding the same triggers for a weapon that you get for free in like 3 weeks and for what reason? Without dps meter nobodys knows your performance and you yourself can't objectively tell if the new weapon really helps a lot or if you are still getting carried.

@Falador-de-bosta said in Top XXXX number of players on a big screen:

Anyway i think the pve side of the game is just fine Especialy with NG around of the corner

And i love the fact that They are giving actualy good Gear to everyone who plays the game(That's Fucking Amazing) So many people on my Alliance Work have kids and don't have time to grind stuff so for then is super good and for everyone in general is good.
Just delete the pvp make a new one and we good to go

PVP doesn’t need to be deleted please stop making such horrible statements. I for one of few enjoy the PVP while people don’t like it they should respect the few that do enjoy such a mode. Easy solution is to simply add another PVP queue for a mode others like while keeping the existing PVP queue in tact.

@YagyuChan Sorry for the pvp Community

i didn't mean to hurt anyone feelings. 🤕

Just add something that mobile game love to do: Each week there will be a set of random boss with selected side effect(I.e ranged dmg reduction, or melee dmg reduction, or aerial damage boost etc). Player can beat them in any order, and receive score based on the performance (I.e. damage received, clear time) . Total scores are added and top 100 players rank are displayed in the lobby. Award should be given by tier rank to encourage more players to play: ex: top 100 players get 100 SG, top 2% player gets 80SG, top 10% gets 60SG, top 40% gets 50 SG, and reset get 40SG for participation.