Help with mag build

So it's been almost a year since I last played I have a hunter that is.... Something? But I was in the middle of building a mag for ranger class it's already at: Lvl 130 Mel 0 Rng 70 Dex 40 Mel def 0 Rng def 0 Tec def 0 Did I screw up too much already or can I salvage somewhere for a decent mag for ranger class?

You can always salvage a mag. Always. You just need the level down devices. (They work at 100+ only. So at level 130, you can only de-level 30 levels worth of a stat.) For others, they have 70 RNG Power, and 40 DEX.

Optimally, you would want to make a pure RNG Mag for Ranger, so you have a couple of options:

1. Buy a new Mag (300AC) and level it it exclusively to be RNG.
  2. Buy enough Mag Level Down Devices (5 Excubes each) to reduce any stat that isn't RNG; keep in mind that they won't make your Mag drop below lv100, so you may have to keep leveling up RNG first before you can get all of the excess stats off.

@coldreactive what about my defenses? And is all rng really worth it?

@AndrlCh what about defenses? And is all rng really worth it in the long run?

@UnbaggedUglyBob Def on a Mag is not really important, especially as you get higher and higher in level with better equipment, and it is always best to use a full single-PWR Mag (or full DEX if you are Bo, Br, or Ph) because PWR that you get from a Mag is added to your base stats; not only does that mean you can equip weapons earlier, but that PWR is also subject to being further increased by things like Shifta and Shifta Drink.

If you are concerned about your defense, then you should focus on unlocking Etoile to use as your subclass as it basically makes Ranger a tank thanks to its damage reduction skills.

@AndrlCh very helpful thank you

@AndrlCh I imagine the same would go for dex too?

@UnbaggedUglyBob You only go with DEX if you are using Bouncer, Braver, or Phantom since they have Mag Skills that convert the DEX into multiple PWR stats (MEL and TEC for Bo, MEL and RNG for Br, and MEL, RNG, and TEC for Ph).

@AndrlCh said in Help with mag build:

@UnbaggedUglyBob You only go with DEX if you are using Bouncer, Braver, or Phantom since they have Mag Skills that convert the DEX into multiple PWR stats (MEL and TEC for Bo, MEL and RNG for Br, and MEL, RNG, and TEC for Ph).

You'll also go DEX if you're going free to play only and plan to switch between classes constantly. You'll be using Phantom sub a lot for that.