One of the Comics has been cut.

@Milk said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@Lurenai said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

Yet another episode was cut, this one featuring a lovely Quna:

http://pso2.jp/players/community/comic/pso2comi/21/

SPOILER: In this one, Mitarashi and Chika are watching Cosmic Twinkle Star and discussing what they'd do if they could move their fingers like EP 4 NPCs can. Chica says he'd like to make cool poses, while Mitarashi thinks to herself: "Yes! From now on I'll be playing Free Groping Online!"

I like how these cuts are giving the implicit message that girls can't have pervy thoughts.

Ok this one legitimately makes me mad. There is no good reason to remove this one! This is just incredibly sexist to their female player base now, and we don’t even get Quna.

Why even give us the comic at all at this point? It’s barely been out yet and we’re already getting screwed over.

I honestly don't understand why the JP website can't have a direct translation upload themselves.

I wonder if the Comic's author is offended that Lionbridge Studios and their freelancer hipster localizing team from India are censoring his/her comic because of lighthearted pervy comedy.

God knows if Sega knows either. Communication with players in NA is convoluted due to South Korean company Estsoft is in charge of PR.

@Krinos said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

I wonder if the Comic's author is offended that Lionbridge Studios and their freelancer hipster localizing team from India are censoring his/her comic because of lighthearted pervy comedy.

God knows if Sega knows either. Communication with players in NA is convoluted due to South Korean company Estsoft is in charge of PR.

It’s so disrespectful to the author, too. I just feel bad about the whole thing.

@Milk said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@Krinos said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

It’s so disrespectful to the author, too. I just feel bad about the whole thing.

I hope SEGA can find a replacement translation team, LionBridge is connected to their competitor Sony's Funimation.

It's only natural that LionBridge doesn't look after the best interests of SEGA or the players.

I feel bad for the author, too. No one likes seeing manga or comics needlessly censored.

SONY?! That would explain a lot.

Are we having the censorship discussion again?

@ZeeHero9271 said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@NotWhoUThink said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@ZeeHero9271 I'd say it's completely relevant to the issue at hand is why censorship usually happens. Is it morally wrong? Yes it is. Is it legally wrong? I'd say maybe to even borderline no it's not legally wrong. It is SEGA's game after all and they choose which content is okay to put into the game. And like I said I don't agree with SEGA censorship but there isn't much I can do about it.

It is legally wrong, or at least it was until relatively recently. At least in the USA.

the US was literally founded on ideals of individual responsibility and the fact that the government has zero place in family affairs.

Parenting is and always has been the job of a parent or legal guardian. The state trying to intervene is unconstitutional at best.

If SEGA had no pressure to censor it from the powers that be they would not be doing it. Why would they intentionally piss off more than 50% of their prospective customers, who to this day still play on the Japanese servers due to this crap?

It makes zero sense UNLESS some fat, stupid, inbred politician decided to practically blackmail them.

You are miss reputation of the soul of the constitution to fit your personal agenda. Every individual born free and has human right.

Just because you are the parents and are awarded guardianship doesn’t mean you can abuse a child basic human rights.

A lot of you act as though you know the law but in fact just twisting the narrative to fit your personal agenda perspective!

A lot of you have a false understanding of the law and basic human right when it comes to the constitution. Why do you guy think we had a civil war in NA? Do not be desensitized by false rhetoric.

@RainGnyu said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@ZeeHero9271 said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@NotWhoUThink said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@ZeeHero9271 I'd say it's completely relevant to the issue at hand is why censorship usually happens. Is it morally wrong? Yes it is. Is it legally wrong? I'd say maybe to even borderline no it's not legally wrong. It is SEGA's game after all and they choose which content is okay to put into the game. And like I said I don't agree with SEGA censorship but there isn't much I can do about it.

It is legally wrong, or at least it was until relatively recently. At least in the USA.

the US was literally founded on ideals of individual responsibility and the fact that the government has zero place in family affairs.

Parenting is and always has been the job of a parent or legal guardian. The state trying to intervene is unconstitutional at best.

If SEGA had no pressure to censor it from the powers that be they would not be doing it. Why would they intentionally piss off more than 50% of their prospective customers, who to this day still play on the Japanese servers due to this crap?

It makes zero sense UNLESS some fat, stupid, inbred politician decided to practically blackmail them.

You are miss reputation of the soul of the constitution to fit your personal agenda. Every individual born free and has human right.

Just because you are the parents and are awarded guardianship doesn’t mean you can abuse a child basic human rights.

A lot of you act as though you know the law but in fact just twisting the narrative to fit your personal agenda perspective!

A lot of you have a false understanding of the law and basic human right when it comes to the constitution. Why do you guy think we had a civil war in NA? Do not be desensitized by false rhetoric.

...Anyway..

To those saying that the censorship is too little to worry about, its not too little. Its a huge middle finger to global players, theyre treating us like we are five years old just now getting our first controllers/pc. Their censorships make little to no sense, they change the cleavage areas of one of the female basewears, and ignore the actual revealing sections. They now censored and removed an entire comic because whoever it is doing it has the mind of a infant apparently.

@Lwyu I believe NA is already used to localization and censorship.

A simple example would be old animes like Digimon, where they changed the music, dumbed down the dialogue for kids, erased some scenes where a kid punched another one...

Meanwhile a lot of countries got pretty much the original product with even the music dubbed and singed.

There are a lot more iterations of the same happening in videogames, movies....

The only reason we are playing in NA is because communicating with random people might be a hassle on JP if you somehow end up with non English speakers.

They pretty much live inside their own bubble and I'm not gonna criticize that since I was born Korean and I know how closed we used to be on our games (monetization issues aside xD)

Maybe it's a bad mindset, but I stopped giving a fk about other country company decisions anymore. If I stopped liking their product or I found them doing things I dislike I just shut up, take my wallet and silently go away never looking nor talking about that product or company ever again.

Taking away your money is perfectly fine. We will support it because they care about the community as a whole in my personal opinion. Keep up the good job Sega I personally appreciate that you care about the little minds when it comes to certain things.

We will support you!

@RainGnyu said:

Doesn't censorship go against freedom though?

@RainGnyu said:

I just want to point out that the United states civil war was unfortunately over cotton, not civil rights (civil rights were gained from it, but civil rights were not the cause).

@RainGnyu said:

Taking away your money is perfectly fine. We will support it because they care about the community as a whole in my personal opinion. Keep up the good job Sega I personally appreciate that you care about the little minds when it comes to certain things.

We will support you!

Sega only care's about one thing and it's not the community. 😛 I'll give you a hint. Hold shift and press 4 on your keyboard. I WANT to support them, but now refuse to spend money now myself.

Anyway! Place your bets on the next skipped pso2 comi chapter. My bet is chapter 60 will be skipped!

@RikaPSO

If you honestly believe there is a company that cares about its customers over $ then you are living in a world where that company will never be anything BUT a small company. If you think a company giving you a 5 dollar coupon as an "we're sorry!" or a free 5 dollar means is a company "caring", you honestly don't know what you are talking about.

You might want to recheck on why the civil wars started.

Props to sega of japan however. They really know what they are doing. 🙂

@LyssaDhrak

You're telling me you aren't going to complain for 6+ months about it while still somewhat supporting the company that is making you complain?

Holy crackers!

@Lwyu

Welcome to life. It may not be great but them's the breaks. You might take it as being treated as a child, but its more for all of global and not just you.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@RikaPSO

If you honestly believe there is a company that cares about its customers over $ then you are living in a world where that company will never be anything BUT a small company. If you think a company giving you a 5 dollar coupon as an "we're sorry!" or a free 5 dollar means is a company "caring", you honestly don't know what you are talking about.

I don't believe a company cares about it's customers though over money (or any company). That was mainly a reply.

I checked for the civil war and fair enough. Looks like Lincoln got elected and the south seceded, war breaking out a month later when the confederates attacked the union according to Wikipedia and some friends. From what I gathered, the north fought to preserve the nation (not freedom), but the south fought to keep slavery.

Does "they know what they are doing" mean they know they are censoring the game (which I agree with), does it mean they know what they are doing in general(err. they probably don't in both NA and JP standards, though there's nothing inherently wrong with not knowing what you are doing), or is that just sarcasm? I find Sega to have no spine.

@RikaPSO said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@RikaPSO

I don't believe a company cares about it's customers though over money (or any company). That was mainly a reply.

I checked for the civil war and fair enough. Looks like Lincoln got elected and the south seceded, war breaking out a month later when the confederates attacked the union according to Wikipedia and some friends. From what I gathered, the north fought to preserve the nation (not freedom), but the south fought to keep slavery.

Does "they know what they are doing" mean they know they are censoring the game (which I agree with), does it mean they know what they are doing in general(err. they probably don't in both NA and JP standards, though there's nothing inherently wrong with not knowing what you are doing), or is that just sarcasm? I find Sega to have no spine.

Why was the civil war fought?

The American Civil War was fought between the United States of America and the Confederate States of America, a collection of eleven southern states that left the Union in 1860 and 1861. The conflict began primarily as a result of the long-standing disagreement over the institution of slavery. › learn › articles › 1... 10 Facts: What Everyone Should Know About the Civil ....

Hi all. Just want to say that the opinions in this thread have been noted and will be communicated with PSO2 Global team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!