One of the Comics has been cut.

Oh no a panty joke, the horror. Sarcasm aside, there are far worse things in this world than a panty joke, and the people that get offended by it need to have their adulting cards revoked. Honestly, if you aren't mature enough to understand a joke when you see one, you shouldn't be considered an adult, and should have a parental guardian monitor all of your online behaviour. Being over eighteen these days, doesn't magically make somebody mature. Hell, I've seen 40 year olds that act like teenagers. I sincerely wish SEGA would stop worrying about backlash from people that aren't spending money on their products to begin with.

To anyone telling us to go to that big thread in the suggestions about this. That thread was created about in-game censorship (and is in the in-game suggestions section on the forums). This is a comic, while connected to the game, is not actually in-game. Thus this is technically a separate topic.

Also I don't believe new instances of censorship being discussed really counts as a repost of a thread from months ago that is also about something completely different being censored anyway. If we were to use that logic, you could argue every thread in any subforum should all be in one thread because anything else would be a repost, since it's about the same broad subject.

@HarmlessSyan said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@n_n cast default basewear, the first things censored in game, before Ep4 even dropped. And for fashion, you can also consider the exclusion of all the mini versions of the outfits aside from the rappy suits - but we know why that is.

I see. I was unaware that mini versions of regular costumes existed (I stopped playing JP in late 2016), but yeah I can't see them ever making it to the west as long as SEGA keeps the min height change for our version.

@CalvinaCoulange said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@Milk said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

From what I understand the main character is a 30-something lady and the friend is a guy(forgot age, I think same?) but they prefer the cutsie look to their characters, so nothing teen related. The panty shot became more of an issue because of boundary issues, main character looks up the skirt of her friend’s AI avatar thing so there’s implied sexual harassment because she did so without consent. That’s how it was explained on Reddit.

One of the reasons for the way it was portrayed in the comic comes down to a question I brought up in the censorship thread which boils down to who the hell HASN'T tried looking upskirt on applicable NPC allies and friend avatars? The fact that it was a friend avatar and not the actual player character shows how absurd that given reasoning is.

Oh I agree 100%, this is one of the biggest non-issues I’ve ever seen but that was the reasoning mentioned on Reddit. I guess because it was a friend-of-a-friend’s avatar and they didn’t give consent then it’s “harassment”

I just had an LOL moment reading it because I purposely made my avatar my utterly useless Melon Summoner build but she’s in sexy clothes so when I log in I have all these friend requests now. I know for a fact that character is useless, people are probably just looking up her skirt without my consent! 😰

@Milk Oh no, the horror, I was lewded in a videogame without my consent, oh the shame. Yeah I get that, it's so stupid, it's a damn videogame, not real life. I'd be more upset if people didn't like the character I spent hours making. Sorry for the delayed response, was doing the Persona Urgent just now.

@Ryoga said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

I just wish that they would pay as much attention to their translations as they do to their "catering to perceived western sensibilities". Weapons are missing flavor text, there is usually no space between an enemy name and their title and worst of all them renaming Sato to Chat, disgusting.

Wasn't that last one fixing an old localization error? There's plenty of other things to complain about. Like how the user-made camos still don't credit the original artist because of lack of flavor text.

Remember folks, none would be complaning about censorship if they didn't do it in the first place.

@Sparhawk Actually there were some idiots complain about Slave weapons.....well you know the rest

Thank you translation team

People really do get their knickers in a twist over nothing.

@Matt said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

People really do get their knickers in a twist over nothing.

better watch out. over 90% of the forum users which is like 40 users will call you a sega boot licker.

They really censored that? I get the feeling someone on the team doesn't like the game their working with. 👗

@Anarchy-Marine said in One of the Comics has been cut.:

@Milk Oh no, the horror, I was lewded in a videogame without my consent, oh the shame. Yeah I get that, it's so stupid, it's a damn videogame, not real life. I'd be more upset if people didn't like the character I spent hours making. Sorry for the delayed response, was doing the Persona Urgent just now.

Haha I’m just as vain! I’d feel bummed if people didn’t like my character, either. I know full well people are probably lewding it, it’s not me, I don’t care.

@Nope21

And useless change like Blacklist to Blocklist & Master to Handler.

@Sparhawk

Hope they'll read our survey and do something about it this censorship, anyway I'm completly off-topic since it about the comic.

I'm getting tired of those censorships, hope SEGA are aware about this issue. 😵

@NotWhoUThink That is completely irrelevant. if children are playing despite the rating that is in no way shape or form anyones problem except the kids parents or legal guardians. there is no legal grounds for censorship of any kind based on this.

@ZeeHero9271 I'd say it's completely relevant to the issue at hand is why censorship usually happens. Is it morally wrong? Yes it is. Is it legally wrong? I'd say maybe to even borderline no it's not legally wrong. It is SEGA's game after all and they choose which content is okay to put into the game. And like I said I don't agree with SEGA censorship but there isn't much I can do about it.