Chat

This is going to sound like a dumb question but is there a "general" chat or world chat in this game? I can't seem to figure out how to use it if there is. All I've found at the moment is emotes as far as communication goes.

@Nekoshiro You mean how do you text in game to people? without a keyboard hold your back button, umm, select, share w/e they call it on the xbox pad the mini button above the d pad. hold it for a moment and an onscreen keyboard pops up

You can also choose between whisper private chats, area pubplic chat, party chat, alliance chat, and group chat channels for text.

@Lil-Ms-Thunda-Thighs Ohh ok I figured it out. Thanks!

@Lil-Ms-Thunda-Thighs I found area chat but nobody seems to be talking in it. Is that normal?

@Nekoshiro Depends on block and people if they have keyboards etc I'd say, as most people probably have no idea how to chat without a keyboard methinks lol

@Nekoshiro I just use Xbox party chat. Easier speak than type

Yea area chat has been pretty dead. I use the Xbox controller chatpad and I'll send simple messages to teammates with it if they don't have a mic. Been working like a charm (it also gives me access to my entire sub pallete on my controller with one button)

The game doesn't tell you, but area/general/world chat does have a range. When you're not in the vicinity of the source you'll see a chat balloon filled with ... (See picture.)

alt text

Default button to activate the chat on controller is the share button unless you changed your configuration which on my case I have to hold down the left stick to enable chat

@ShadyMilkman said in Chat:

Been working like a charm (it also gives me access to my entire sub pallete on my controller with one button)

I knew I wasn't alone