Is Techer a good sub-class? Or perhaps Bouncer?

Just wondering, because I want to try and play Summoner as my main for a while at least. I know pets sometimes request buffs, and both of these sub-classes have a few buffs.

Edit::

Sorry, I'm not looking to be an up-close / melee type. So if you suggest something like braver/etc. note that I'll only be taking it for the buffs/skills/etc. to use on Summoner as a main.

I'd recommend Fighter, maybe Braver.

Fighter offers the most damage you can get for a subclass to summoner; and pets typically stay in front of enemies once they have the enemy's attention. Fighter also has a skill that boost damage against targets with status effects on them, which include the Stun and Bind statuses, which a number of pets are able to apply themselves.

Braver offers easy-to-use damage from either of it's stances, just make sure there actually is a weakpoint on your target if you use weak stance. but also most pets have pretty substantial damage modifiers in their basic attack combo too, which braver also provides a boost for.

summoner gives you access to all techs, so you can cast resta and shifta no matter what your subclass is. using fighter or braver as your subclass has nothing to do with getting close to enemies. fighter sub is about having your pet stay in front or behind the target, braver sub is about using it's generic damage stance or the stance that boosts damage to weakpoints.

techer sub's boosts to shifta and stuff do not make up for it's general lack of easy-to-use damage boosts in the slightest, you will wind up having to at least make a pet for every element to take full advantage of techer sub, and even then, it's still going to make things a lot slower than other options.

bouncer's stances are either elemental stance, which will also require you to build pets for all elements to take advantage of, and break stance, which only applies to breakable hitboxes, and even then it's not even stronger of an option to, say, braver's weakpoint damage stance

Thank you so much. It sounds like generic damage might be the best thing to do then. I'll consider both of them based on how I manage/etc.

I always found it very easy to keep a pet in front of an enemy; some pets have moves that let them dash through the target, all pets have one of their special moves as a designated "heel" command, that brings them back to your side afterward, so you can send them back out again. In general though, enemies will usually be looking at your pet, so brave stance will work out in most situations.

I will said Fighter is a good sub. But for the atk, its depend on how you play and witch pet you will use. For myself, I use T-ATK for my Rappy Pet. Some people think its not that great but hey, my rappy can almost heal 200hp. lol

Techter isn't a good subclass for any class but Force. There used to be a time period there Fi/Te was a thing but that's a thing of the past. On Su you either play Su/Br, Su/Fi or, once these classes release, Su/Ph. Su/Br is hindered by having to match elements of your pets with enemy weakness. Su/Fi, focusing on Mel Power, is more general purpose build however the arguably best build will be Su/Ph. That class isn't out yet so i wont go into detail about that since it can spoil the fun.

Weak stance+ fully charged yeet cat = damage cap numbers if not fully dead enemy..... not kidding braver stance is the way to go for damage numbers

@Arctic-Kyros said in Is Techer a good sub-class? Or perhaps Bouncer?:

Weak stance+ fully charged yeet cat = damage cap numbers if not fully dead enemy..... not kidding braver stance is the way to go for damage numbers

What is "yeet cat"?

probably the bean-bombs marron and melon

I recommend running Su/Fi until the Successor or "Advanced" Classes get released to get the better all round sub for Summoner; Phantom.

For the time being, build on T Atk (Tech) on your pets, consider doing a pure Dex mag as Phantoms Mag Skill will give the 200 Dex into Mel, Rng & Tech atk stats. You will need to level 2 different atk type classes anyways to be able to unlock the Advanced Classes so its knocking out 2 reqs at once.

@ArcaneTechs said in Is Techer a good sub-class? Or perhaps Bouncer?:

I recommend running Su/Fi until the Successor or "Advanced" Classes get released to get the better all round sub for Summoner; Phantom.

For the time being, build on T Atk (Tech) on your pets, consider doing a pure Dex mag as Phantoms Mag Skill will give the 200 Dex into Mel, Rng & Tech atk stats. You will need to level 2 different atk type classes anyways to be able to unlock the Advanced Classes so its knocking out 2 reqs at once.

I think someone answered this to me in another thread, but I didn't really get how it worked, but how do you do "Pure" stats? Some gear gives more than one stat.

@oldColdReactive said in Is Techer a good sub-class? Or perhaps Bouncer?:

I think someone answered this to me in another thread, but I didn't really get how it worked, but how do you do "Pure" stats? Some gear gives more than one stat.

During the CBT there wasn't a very good source to farm Photon Spheres, when the game gets fully released, 10 and 11* weapons will be more abundent to recycle into Photon Spheres or Ex Cubes, so you what you would do in this case is convert Photon Spheres into Mag Food Devices at the Photon Drop store in the shopping area to the left of the Ex Cube shop girl. You would then get the Food Device of your choice and just feed them all to your mag as this is the most efficient way of maxing out your mag over feeding it with actual items and having to constantly worry about lowering another stat to avoid over leveling something else.

@ArcaneTechs said in Is Techer a good sub-class? Or perhaps Bouncer?:

10 and 11* weapons will be more abundent to recycle into Photon Spheres or Ex Cubes

And where is "Recycling" done?

And where is "Recycling" done?

its done either in the shopping area near the FUN shop or in the Start Menu under the tab where the AC Shop is located (I forgot what NA renamed the Recycle Shop to)