GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816

@Anthro-Cheetah said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

Best of luck then.

thank you, I sure need it

Good luck. My brother put in over a thousand hours and hundreds of dollars into this game and got banned after Steam flagged his account for suspicious activity after purchasing AC; a problem which was rectified on their end in an hour but which resulted in an 816 permanent ban on PSO2's end. He got the same response you did after weeks of waiting for any reply.

They don't care if you actually cheated or not. Their 100%-automated banning system is flawless and would never ban an innocent player, according to some.

@Sinow Yeah, unfortunately your brother's situation is a really shitty one. He was probably thrown in with the millions(?) of scammers that "buy" AC, use them for tickets, sell the ticket items and then have payment "issues" for the AC later.

just use the xbox market place to download and play. 3 of my steam friends got banned using that before even making it out of the tutorial. they havent had any issues with window store one. my ban was fixed and it was because of a steam error as well

rip your account you got 816

Did you solved it ? My account also got 816 too. 😞 I was new for this game too, only played this game like 15 hours, and today when I start it, says my account got banned.

@GM-Deynger Sorry to bother you, but can you forward it to the team to see if they can further investigate this? Because reddit posts, twitter posts and over here are having 816 ban waves through the Tutorial area and I think the regular new players are getting cross fired from the bots who are jumping in as well.

@LapisWave Unfortunately I've already talked to GM Deynger about my brother's case and there's really nothing he can do about it other than pass along feedback. He's a community manager and their support team is a completely different company. But the more feedback they get about this, I guess the more likely they are to actually do a thorough investigation like they said they did before.

@Sinow said in Another Suspension 816 Thread:

So an update for anybody else having this issue, my brother just got an email stating that his account is permanently suspended after "thorough investigation." This is a joke.

I will be uninstalling the game and will be sure to avoid SEGA in the future despite being a lifelong fan of the company and their games dating back to the SEGA Genesis days. I hope SEGA improves their support system in the future. If this were any other game, my brother's account would have been restored to full status within a week.

SEGA has lost two lifelong customers today. Good luck to all the rest of you out there.

@Sinow Not that we're going to miss your daily posts about beloved brother, but didn't you say you were abandoning this game a month ago? Guess avoiding Sega doesn't include their forums.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

So an update for anybody else having this issue, my brother just got an email stating that his account is permanently suspended after "thorough investigation." This is a joke.

I will be uninstalling the game and will be sure to avoid SEGA in the future despite being a lifelong fan of the company and their games dating back to the SEGA Genesis days. I hope SEGA improves their support system in the future. If this were any other game, my brother's account would have been restored to full status within a week.

SEGA has lost two lifelong customers today. Good luck to all the rest of you out there.

@Sinow Not that we're going to miss your daily posts about beloved brother, but didn't you say you were abandoning this game a month ago? Guess avoiding Sega doesn't include their forums.

Somebody has to combat your thinly-veiled accusations towards players with the same issue. And I did quit the game over a month ago. I haven't touched it since then. I log in on the forums every now and then to see if anybody else pops up with the same issue and if it ever gets resolved. The answers are yes, and no.

If you want to respond to this, knock yourself out. I won't be seeing it, though, or any of your other posts, for that matter. Have a good one.

@Thunder14 said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

rip your account you got 816

big rip i read it's the worst ban code

@リンコ said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

Did you solved it ? My account also got 816 too. 😞 I was new for this game too, only played this game like 15 hours, and today when I start it, says my account got banned.

no - my support ticket went dark a handful of days ago, so im not optimistic in it getting solved anytime soon, or at all - and im sorry to hear that, hopefully you have better luck in getting your account back since you played for longer hours.

though, was it the steam version too?

@LapisWave and thank you guys for the words and bringing this into GM's attention and @Sinow thank you for the words of encouragement, sorry to hear about the situation - its gotta suck after sinking much money and time into the game only to get the ban.

@Sinow said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

@FANtasyStarOnline said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

Somebody has to combat your thinly-veiled accusations towards players with the same issue. And I did quit the game over a month ago. I haven't touched it since then. I log in on the forums every now and then to see if anybody else pops up with the same issue and if it ever gets resolved. The answers are yes, and no.

If you want to respond to this, knock yourself out. I won't be seeing it, though, or any of your other posts, for that matter. Have a good one.

i am really sorry to hear that the thing would happen to players who are really into the game as well, this is really an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, but it feels extremely unfair to them especially.

and i would cut @FANtasyStarOnline some slack, they give out some genuine advice to problems other than this, and on the forum is probably the only place they’d get away with talking like that, away from life’s actual problems.

@mooters I'm not sure if you're saying I should cut people some slack or they should cut me some slack, lol. Both, let's say both. I'll be nicer to people.