GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816

Hello, I am a new player, joined the game via steam and played tutorial (first mission), then logged out for 4 days (too tired from the week), only to come back to my account suspended with a popup error 816. Currently wrote a ticket to support - in the meanwhile i would like to ask what may have caused this? I have never done anything that might break to rules, i just got recommended this game by my friends, this is my first experience with the game and was looking forward to play with them. Is there anything that can be done? Can a GM help me? thank you in advance.

I suggest changing your steam password as a precaution that someone might have hijacked your steam account. Can't be certain about it but you never know. Someone may accidentally reported you rather than the bot selling meseta. I'm just throughing options here. All you can do is wait. If you got an Xbox One, you can start over again from there that is you didn't link it to your steam account.

@Anthro-Cheetah said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

I suggest changing your steam password as a precaution that someone might have hijacked your steam account. Can't be certain about it but you never know. Someone may accidentally reported you rather than the bot selling meseta. I'm just throughing options here. All you can do is wait. If you got an Xbox One, you can start over again from there that is you didn't link it to your steam account.

They shouldn't need to change their steam password. To see if someone really did lo in to their account, they can also lo in in a web browser and check their login activity, but I still doubt someone hijacked their account. It seems to be a common problem recently when they started updating their anti-bot detection with each new maintenance..

@Ragnawind said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

They shouldn't need to change their steam password. To see if someone really did lo in to their account, they can also lo in in a web browser and check their login activity, but I still doubt someone hijacked their account. It seems to be a common problem recently when they started updating their anti-bot detection with each new maintenance..

Thank you both for your reply! i would personally rule out account hijacking as well since im a seasoned steam user and has upgraded security for other online games - i would definitely catch wind of it if someone tried. And it does seem to me there is a pattern here - I have discovered multiple cases reported on many platforms where a new user is banned for the exact situation (new player/new account,did tutorial then out, returned to banned with error 816). I am currently still waiting on a reply to my ticket - the ticket number is 71791 if a GM/support staff would like to help me - I would really love to have my account back and join my friends, was really looking forward to this :’)

Mooters, where are you from?

@FANtasyStarOnline said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

Mooters, where are you from?

the us

alt text And i just got the same copy and paste reply as many others, which is astonishing and unsurprising at the same time - I really wonder what sort of “illicit” activities are, since I was never in the game long enough to do any activity at all after finishing the first mission 😞 If anyone/staff here can help with my situation i would be really grateful, again, my ticket number is 71791

(@pso2 If this was because i really didn’t like, or dare I say, hated the elf boy’s accent from the first mission then I apologize, pls return my acc thnx

EDIT: after receiving the email reply, i hereby retract my apology to the elf

That's more than a little suspect that you say you got the same copy and paste reply as many others... almost like a "group" of you were caught doing the same thing.

That's more than a little suspect that you say you got the same copy and paste reply as many others... almost like a "group" of you were caught doing the same thing.

Or i did my research on this situation which occurred multiple times in the span of months on multiple platforms, before i decide to ask for help.

Please tell me what i did, who “caught” me and for what, because I am really at a loss - that’s exact why i mentioned “the same copy and paste reply”, since the support always refused to state exactly what the account was banned for in all the situation I found, they were all vague with the same message of breaking tos.

Take a look in your reply history and you will see what i mean. It’s pretty insulting to be banned for nothing, then accused of playing foul in the system of a game i didn’t even get the chance to understand.

@FANtasyStarOnline And i hope i didn’t come off as too strongly - this ban was a blow i didn’t see coming, it has ruined some good times with my friends who invited me to play to say the least, it is a really disheartening experience.

I Got banned randomly too i just got the game i havent ever chatted in game with text or voice. I have only sold things on the market leveled and Like that rappy shoot game. so have literally no idea what it could be from. Hoping A GM can help me as well if a GM sees this as i am paying monthly for premium and like 2 days after i got it this happened. i have only had the game for around 4 days so nothing possibly i could have done. Again i have never used voice chat or Text so i see no way how i could have even offended anyone. the worst i did was kick a random person from a party so my friend could join.

@Ika said in GM, please help: new account suspended - error 816:

I Got banned randomly too i just got the game i havent ever chatted in game with text or voice. I have only sold things on the market leveled and Like that rappy shoot game. so have literally no idea what it could be from. Hoping A GM can help me as well if a GM sees this as i am paying monthly for premium and like 2 days after i got it this happened. i have only had the game for around 4 days so nothing possibly i could have done. Again i have never used voice chat or Text so i see no way how i could have even offended anyone. the worst i did was kick a random person from a party so my friend could join.

Im sorry to hear that, what platform were you playing on and is it an error 816 ban as well?

a quick search would get a lot of people who were banned with my similar situation. for example, here's a random dude on reddit from a month back with my exact experience: alt text only to get the exact same reply alt text a quick search in the forums with the key words "816" or "suspended" would also show that the support was not the most direct when explaining the offense.

I think i deserve at least an explanation as why my account was banned. I could make a new one and forgive staff or the auto-ban system thinking i was being suspicious if only i knew what i did to be marked for that and try not to act such, but with my steam account being hard-linked with the account unlike other games like, say, warframe (never banned me once), i can not be as understanding.

If i was using new account to cheat and such, it would be a waste of everyone's time posting about this here - And even though i could do just that, opting for the Win 10 ver of this game should not be the solution to this.

anyway, if there is like a head of POS2, or maybe Haruki Satomi himself reading this, again, my ticket number is 71791 - i would at least know what exactly i did to deserve this.

You won't get any answers. The GM can't help since he/she has no access to the records. No matter how many times you email them about this, they won't answer. Those responsible for review/ban will only tell you that you violated the terms of service and they don't have to tell you what caused it.

You won't get any answers. The GM can't help since he/she has no access to the records. No matter how many times you email them about this, they won't answer. Those responsible for review/ban will only tell you that you violated the terms of service and they don't have to tell you what caused it.

so I’ve come to expect - still it wouldn’t hurt to try and pry a bit more, since I have also read stories of people successfully appealed for a ban.

Best of luck then.