Why do we do UQs again?

I'm confused. What's the purpose? Maybe I need to actually start finding trigger groups to get the real loot instead of the excube farm that is normal UQs?

@Furious said in Why do we do UQs again?:

I'm confused. What's the purpose? Maybe I need to actually start finding trigger groups to get the real loot instead of the excube farm that is normal UQs?

They are a nice change of pace from triggers since you can sometimes find yourself doing the same triggers over and over again also it allows for us to do the only UQ not in a trigger currently being so new which is Armada of Annihilation

Since I doubt they will have a trigger that will run the 3 phases, but there is sort of a trigger for it. Crimson Star (I believe it's called) which can drop from the new Ultimate Quest. Takes you straight to the fight with one of the bosses of Armada of Annihilation UQ. I believe it's a 4 man quest.

@Furious said in Why do we do UQs again?:

Both still have the same drop rate, just the triggers able you to do multiple runs and hopes for getting a better drop sooner than waiting for the UQ to come around again. Not many people have time to do multiple runs, so they set a time to get on when the UQ will be running.

They’re great if you need a lot of eggs for Summoner, plus I like the anonymous kind of group up of UQ, too shy to join triggers.

I love UQ's for several reasons. Decent exp, collection folder, knowledge that everyone is running at the same time, and testing my damage. There also aren't always triggers for me to run. Not to mention all the 10 star and up drops that I can turn into ex cubes <3.

Running EQs on SH with alts can be amusing. I remember one time while running The Creator Phantom with my newest character, Deus killed several people because they all stayed in place as he did the stage split. Got a good laugh out of that.

A lot of the UQ give an enhancement success rate up buff or rare drop rate up buff after it ends. You also have a chance of getting triggers from some of them. Also, no one needs to use a trigger to do them.

Because that's where you're actually supposed to get most of your stuff from. Having basically unlimited triggers is very nice and convenient as hell for global for the sake of catching up but it's not how the game was originally made or intended to be played. Except for solo Mom/Dad & Solo PD, all aforementioned "unlimited" trigs are supposed to be pretty scarce and expensive.