Sega, you are starving your playerbase.

@Milk said in Sega, you are starving your playerbase.:

@YagyuChan said in Sega, you are starving your playerbase.:

I got my Atlas EX rifle and I am happy to grind at my own pace (Which is super slow)

Oh good I’m not the only one! Still rocking my Atlas EX, don’t want to spend my limited freetime grinding for a weapon non-stop because I get burnout easily. I usually log in for an UQs or to do my keys.

For me it is cause I play the JP version too and I am trying to play other games 😊

@Macmaxi said in Sega, you are starving your playerbase.:

Maybe it would help some players to stop thinking about how you need to be rewarded for playing the game. If you don't find the game fun unless there's some gear to grind maybe you aren't enjoying the game either way.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something to grind for -- in fact, grinding for upgrades and character progression is the entire point of games like PSO2 and it is completely valid that there's "nothing to do" when you feel like there's nothing to do to get better.

I think the issue here though is people are expecting major upgrades constantly, and when they get their weapon, they're not interested in chasing for the smaller upgrades (augments, timed abilities, crafts, niche/utility weapons, etc) because they've been given huge progression strides rather quickly without much effort.

People say there's no content but I think there's loads to do because there's always meseta to farm, weapons to make, augments to hoard, emotes to buy and scores to beat.

In my opinion though, I think the limited "stone system" (i.e. Eternistones, Key Rivalates, etc). is a MASSIVE mistake because what they do is give you an upgrade on a silver platter, then there's no way to feasibly get more to keep upgrading other weapons for your class, or other classes entirely. It's a really limiting factor and I hope they don't do this again in NGS. I would quite like to upgrade my Rifle and Talis for example, but without more Key Rivalates being released, there's no way for me to do this, and hunting for them is not realistic, so I feel like there's nothing I can do sometimes except wait for these stones to be given to me.

Yall forgetting, fashion is the true end game.

@Milk

I'm still rocking double atlas for my Hero because i'm not willing to drop 15-20mill to upgrade to EX when I can just wait to make trailblazers or get a handout from the later weapon series coming soon. My phantom has an atlas ex rifle and a trailblazer katana and I very much doubt i'm going to give her any better weapons. Finally my ET is going to rock rivalrate soaring blades. Not sure what i'll make as her double saber or wand though.

But yeah. Current content doesn't need EX gear imo. At least on hero.

@HarmlessSyan said in Sega, you are starving your playerbase.:

And I can’t even keep up with that! My one true passion. Scratches come out too often to snag everything. 😭 I completely forgot about the Etoile emote and now it’s gone from both ships I use. Too many good things!

@HarmlessSyan said in Sega, you are starving your playerbase.:

To me, it's a supplement.