buster quest empty

do something about it or make them like challenge quest and server wide like pvp/challenge quest this is annoying when i get a tier mission says do buster and can't do it due to lack of people i know woods has same drops but make buster better or drop mode from tier list

As soon as level-up quests came out, buster quests became obsolete for leveling. You won't see many people doing them anymore.

Buster isn't impossible to do with less people (I've done it by myself and with two-- it's not fun though), but honestly, Challenge quests are also pretty dead. I've repeatedly tried to do some for the general ARKS quest section thing and out of curiousity and can never find anyone doing them.

I'd say maybe make it so NPCs can help fill spots during these issues, but I'm not sure they'll ever do that.

@Princesse-Jen said in buster quest empty:

I'd say maybe make it so NPCs can help fill spots during these issues, but I'm not sure they'll ever do that.

They'd have to make NPCs over again for challenge quests, and offer a set list of NPCs considering nothing is taken with you to the special challenge ships. For the "make NPCs over" part, they'd have to make it so NPCs are randomized with a single weapon once you pick up a weapon. (IE: They'll also use fists until you pick up a weapon.)

At least you can run Free Mode Busters to clear that tier mission, since they can be run with only 4 people , even though they can handle up to 8 and are an easy win.

Its just sometimes tricky to find a free mode buster with at least 3 other people, or to get a few to come just to clear that tier mission.

If you want to make buster quests more "attractive" to players then you'd have to ask why would people even be doing them in the fist place aside from the initial experience and currently there are only 2 reasons to play buster quests: Buster Medals for SGs and to complete the weekly BQ tier mission but that's it.

One way to make BQs more attractive would be to update the Buster Medal shop. I'd remove the weekly 5 SG ticket completely and move the 10 SG ticket to the regular BM shop while also keeping the price the same. This would both give players a reason to play the content and help addressing the SG related problems people commonly complain about.

Also, some people wanted SEGA to add the capsules for Astral Soul, Aether Factor and Mana Reverie to the Mission Badge Swap Shop but I don't see to point in doing that just because "Jp did it". Instead it would be healthier for the game if they use these items to add replayability to places where it's needed so I would add them for 200 Buster Medals each to the limited Buster Medal exchange as well as a random drop to the main matches with a higher drop chance for advanced.

I do think there is value in having a system that lets NPCs take the place of real players in otherwise empty spots but NPC partners are pretty much useless in their current state so they would have to overhaul the NPC partner system first which is something they should do regardless.

@Princesse-Jen Skip the NPC requirement and simply never design anything with the goal of grouping. Of course let people do it in a group if they want, but don't design anything with "teamwork" in mind as that just turns to "get people to join so me, myself and i can complete it with minimum effort to get rewards". Always does. Yeah yeah, "MMO" but that is just an excuse. Although i admit that NPCs would still be much better than random mooks.

@Ryoga said in buster quest empty:

I do think there is value in having a system that lets NPCs take the place of real players in otherwise empty spots but NPC partners are pretty much useless in their current state so they would have to overhaul the NPC partner system first which is something they should do regardless.

This is specifically why I said NPCs that can help and not just partners from the current partner system. Though, they can be helpful sometimes, I'm not sure how much that would be for Challenge Mode 😕

@Yggranya said in buster quest empty:

@Princesse-Jen Skip the NPC requirement and simply never design anything with the goal of grouping. Of course let people do it in a group if they want, but don't design anything with "teamwork" in mind as that just turns to "get people to join so me, myself and i can complete it with minimum effort to get rewards". Always does. Yeah yeah, "MMO" but that is just an excuse. Although i admit that NPCs would still be much better than random mooks.

I mean, I agree with this for most games (it's part of why I hate Raid systems) to just let people do it with how many they want and adjust the difficulty automatically/as needed and in general don't think there should be things set always expecting you to have a max group somehow.

But these modes are already there and so in those terms, I do think having characters/NPCs created specifically for filling in spots in these modes that need them especially when these are quests that need to be done for quest lists is at least some kind of fix unless they can adjust the difficulty based off the number of people in.

@LazerRay said in buster quest empty:

At least you can run Free Mode Busters to clear that tier mission, since they can be run with only 4 people , even though they can handle up to 8 and are an easy win.

Its just sometimes tricky to find a free mode buster with at least 3 other people, or to get a few to come just to clear that tier mission.

@DemonBunny, just wanted to +1 running Free Mode as a bandaid solution for the current tier mission. Those can be solo'd pretty easily as the towers/rams have a lot of health. It's definitely not the most fun, but gets the job done.

This is specifically why I said NPCs that can help and not just partners from the current partner system.

Having multiple NPC partner systems would be rather redundant.

Though, they can be helpful sometimes, I'm not sure how much that would be for Challenge Mode

At least in general combat they could be about as helpful as a regular player but like I said this would require an overhaul which is already far overdue and once you get them to the desired level of performance you could add alterations in their behavior for specific game modes.

@Ryoga said in buster quest empty:

This is specifically why I said NPCs that can help and not just partners from the current partner system.

Having multiple NPC partner systems would be rather redundant.

Though, they can be helpful sometimes, I'm not sure how much that would be for Challenge Mode

At least in general combat they could be about as helpful as a regular player but like I said this would require an overhaul which is already far overdue and once you get them to the desired level of performance you could add alterations in their behavior for specific game modes.

It's less an additional partner system as I'm talking about something that would automatically fill in/jump in when it sees less of a specific number in a party for certain modes.

That said, considering there apparently won't be a partner system in NGS, I don't know if we'll ever see an overhaul of it.