What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?

@Milk said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

@coldreactive said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

The problem with you wanting Ship 3 and 4 to be merged is that their economies are a bit different, and some people aren't too keen on some of the people in Ship 3. Eve nthough I, myself, am part of Ship 3.

The economy in particular will be especially challenging for Ship 4 in particular. When the two ships are merged, a lot of players onf ship 4 won't have the funds to actually buy any high ticket items. Even if there is slightly more supply due to merging, high ticket items may in fact actually get higher because people on Ship 3 have had more time to get more Meseta.

This is why I had originally planned to start on Ship 4 for Steam's launch, so that I could help stabilize and grow the economy on it. Rather than go on Ship 3, where an economy had already been flourishing.

I have characters on both ships, ship 3 is actually significantly cheaper than 4, even for current scratch items. Also our communities are about the same, we have the same uh...unsavory types. I prefer ship 3 but they’re really not that different when it comes to community and ship 4 would absolutely love the prices of 3.

You would think the newest ship with less time to save meseta would mean no one has anything or can afford to pay but we manage. A lot of the economy was built by players coming over from ship 1 to sell their old wares and competition grew so prices finally went down for some of it. Current scratches are always more expensive than 3. I checked Sugary Yayoi (ba) on both ships this morning, ship3 was 2.5m, ship4 was 6m. Ah good old greed...

Actually transferring my main to ship3 because of this.

Ship 2 gets greedy sometimes so I know how you feel.

Ship 3's prices are relatively fair for the most part, unless it's got a low drop rate from AC, and is also a sought after item. There are some scalpers, but that died down both during, and after Christmas. As for unsavory characters, not sure what you mean by that, unless you are talking about those that post crude symbol art. It's quite simple, just avoid block 34, and you won't see the art. That's been their rule of thumb at any rate.

As for OP's question, not likely, and I definitely hope not. Lobby lag is bad enough as is. Game needs to be optimized long before any merge would happen.

@Anarchy-Marine

By “unsavory” you uh...have someone using the Hariette hanging by chains imprisonment emote that’s designed to look starved and half naked. I checked their lookbook to see what that was about, apparently it’s a fetish. They just hang there in front of the door in the popular blocks.

That’s ok, ship4 has a naked man sandwiched between body pillows.

@YagyuChan

Tell me about it, trying to get Devil Wings from latest scratch on ship 4 and they go for 35m+ and all sell out! Ship3 has multiples of them for 20m-22m...not fair.

Ship 2 is the unsavory persons containment ship, they can remain there. I don't see a need for merges at least in ship 3, can't speak for the other ships though.

@Laep said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

Ship 2 is the unsavory persons containment ship, they can remain there. I don't see a need for merges at least in ship 3, can't speak for the other ships though.

last time I checked I wasn't what you stated in your post 🙄

@YagyuChan Well sometimes good people get locked up. You can transfer out at any time but the ship immigration offices might have to keep an eye on you.

@Milk Those descriptions had me dying from laughter, sorry. Haven't seen the chained person yet though. So I will have to take your word for it.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

@Milk Those descriptions had me dying from laughter, sorry. Haven't seen the chained person yet though. So I will have to take your word for it.

That’s ok I died a little inside typing it. 😅 Last I saw them was block 1 or 2, they hang next to the middle shopping plaza door. First time I saw them I was like “What the f is that? Is this some kind of statement piece?” So I checked their lookbook and my sweet naive soul learned something that day. I’ve got to hand it to them, though. It’s really well done. They didn’t just set the body sliders to minimum, they used the muscle slider to make a prominent looking full on ribcage, I’ve never seen anything like it! Ship3 has more creative character designs overall from what I’ve seen even a “thanks I hate it” is still put together well.

@HarmlessSyan said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

I think SEGA would hope to have player population increase rather than having to ship merge when NGS comes out. Perhaps even 6 ships from what was possibly planned as there were 6 ships for selection.

Nah. They probably designed it around xbox capabilities and over estimated the amount of players there would be.

Somewhat doubt it, chances are the 6 ships are for NGS' release, and population is most likely going to go way up on NGS release.

If anything I'd like them to merge ship 3 and 4 right now..

I'm on ship 3 and recently came back after a few months break. Even with christmas and the new years, the game feels really dead compared to how it was back with the Steam release.

Channels 1 and 42 are really the only populated ones (34 and 50 being the only others getting to half a bar), with 1 being the single channel that actually hits cap during peak hours, while the things like concerts fill up 42. Every other time? It feels like there's still people missing.

Keep seeing the same people over and over in UQ's too, and if you join a "once only" quest late, it often doesn't even fill. Regular quests? Unless it's a daily, there's nobody to be seen.

We don't know how much the population will spike once NGS comes out.. but it's still at least half a year until launch of that, and to play with what feels like such low population really sucks.

Population will still be low if SEGA doesn't step up and so more than just promote NGS to people already playing the game.

Of course, the PC version would also need to launch without having gigantic hurdles for curious players to overcome.

In previous MMO games I have played, merges didn't really happen until the population was dreadfully low and absolutely needed it. Based on all the features and issues we have had in the short time this has been available, I am not confident that the team could merge two different economies together without breaking several things.

@VanillaLucia i would love this to happen, I have some friends playing in JP Server and it will be very nice if I can play together with them.