What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?

Just as topic says, wondering about the possibility of server ship merge when NGS hits? Has anything like that happened before on JP over the years?

EDIT: Actually given NGS will be accessible through PSO2 this is probably very unlikely huh...

Japan has great disdain for the PS5 due to western content "being ugly" and censored.

I'm afraid that a merge with the JP server would only frustrate their more moderate tastes for user communication.

(If you get the type of Symbol Art spam I'm hinting at.)

I would love for a server merge if it were possible but I feel that would have to force players to keep the Player Shops separated (Japanese players still get access to their listings and potentially the global version's listings as well whereas the Global version will likely be locked only to theirs due to licensed materials existing on the Japanese side) or find some way to compromise the Japanese version's characters to force them to fit within the limitations that global players have or that global players will be "forced" to adapt to the Japanese version's character creation limits (which I would consider an upgrade personally).

I would absolutely love to be able to bring back my Japanese characters and play with my friends on the global side or play with friends who stayed on/returned to the Japanese side.

However, I do not know if this is something Sega is seriously considering but I would absolutely love to see a merge if it were possible.

Oh (!)

I actually meant ship merge not JP/Global server merge sorry, thanks for replying all the same and thats another interesting idea too I hadnt considered (I would also guess unlikely).

@Doom-Smack said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

Oh (!)

I actually meant ship merge not JP/Global server merge sorry, thanks for replying all the same and thats another interesting idea too I hadnt considered (I would also guess unlikely).

Considering how low population ship 3-4 are. No chance.

Certainly not something I'd hope for. The full blocks are dreadfully laggy.

@coldreactive said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

Oh (!)

Considering how low population ship 3-4 are. No chance.

Wouldnt that mean... more chance?

@Doom-Smack Ah, with that in mind, I would absolutely love to have the ability to "visit" other ships or to utilize cross-ship matching for quests. Perhaps not a full merge due to performance issues on the Xbox One and that in my experience I'm not so particularly fond of Ship 2's busier population. I would love for there to be a "universal lobby" players can meet at and can run quests at so that if I wanted to meet up with my friends who play on Ships 1, 2, and 4, I can go there from my Ship 3 characters.

The functionality already exists in-game and I would love to see it expanded upon.

@Ranmaru said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

Are you on XB1 like me lol?

@VanillaLucia said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

@Doom-Smack Ah, with that in mind, I would absolutely love to have the ability to "visit" other ships or to utilize cross-ship matching for quests. Perhaps not a full merge due to performance issues on the Xbox One and that in my experience I'm not so particularly fond of Ship 2's busier population. I would love for there to be a "universal lobby" players can meet at and can run quests at so that if I wanted to meet up with my friends who play on Ships 1, 2, and 4, I can go there from my Ship 3 characters.

The functionality already exists in-game and I would love to see it expanded upon.

Thats a good idea.

On perhaps even the possibility of a ship wide market might be good (as in, one market).

I was at launch, but I'm primarily on PC now because I'm lazy. The Xbox is under my bed right now.

I was at launch, but I'm primarily on PC now because I'm lazy. The Xbox is under my bed right now.

Im still on XB1 cause Im too lazy to sort it out on PC. Also didnt expect the huge series x delays, soon as I get my hands on one "all will be ok".

The problem with you wanting Ship 3 and 4 to be merged is that their economies are a bit different, and some people aren't too keen on some of the people in Ship 3. Eve nthough I, myself, am part of Ship 3.

The economy in particular will be especially challenging for Ship 4 in particular. When the two ships are merged, a lot of players onf ship 4 won't have the funds to actually buy any high ticket items. Even if there is slightly more supply due to merging, high ticket items may in fact actually get higher because people on Ship 3 have had more time to get more Meseta.

This is why I had originally planned to start on Ship 4 for Steam's launch, so that I could help stabilize and grow the economy on it. Rather than go on Ship 3, where an economy had already been flourishing.

@coldreactive said in What are chances of server merge when NGS releases?:

The problem with you wanting Ship 3 and 4 to be merged is that their economies are a bit different, and some people aren't too keen on some of the people in Ship 3. Eve nthough I, myself, am part of Ship 3.

The economy in particular will be especially challenging for Ship 4 in particular. When the two ships are merged, a lot of players onf ship 4 won't have the funds to actually buy any high ticket items. Even if there is slightly more supply due to merging, high ticket items may in fact actually get higher because people on Ship 3 have had more time to get more Meseta.

This is why I had originally planned to start on Ship 4 for Steam's launch, so that I could help stabilize and grow the economy on it. Rather than go on Ship 3, where an economy had already been flourishing.

I have characters on both ships, ship 3 is actually significantly cheaper than 4, even for current scratch items. Also our communities are about the same, we have the same uh...unsavory types. I prefer ship 3 but they’re really not that different when it comes to community and ship 4 would absolutely love the prices of 3.

You would think the newest ship with less time to save meseta would mean no one has anything or can afford to pay but we manage. A lot of the economy was built by players coming over from ship 1 to sell their old wares and competition grew so prices finally went down for some of it. Current scratches are always more expensive than 3. I checked Sugary Yayoi (ba) on both ships this morning, ship3 was 2.5m, ship4 was 6m. Ah good old greed...

Actually transferring my main to ship3 because of this.

I think SEGA would hope to have player population increase rather than having to ship merge when NGS comes out. Perhaps even 6 ships from what was possibly planned as there were 6 ships for selection.