Expert matchmaking,when?

@IfrianMMO said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Yagyu-Chan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

With requirements that are redundant at this point.

These requirements will trap people that don't deserve to be in the regular queue

Choose one.

They both point to the same thing which is they are not needed and serve to impede the people that it shouldn't while still allowing the leeches to leech off them and ruin their time in the game. it is like saying to someone you either play with the leeches till you complete a redundant test while failing to learn anything or you just give up and quit playing because you won't enjoy playing with the leeches and why should you have to carry them cause some people are in a queue locked behind a test that in my opinion is not hard but is hard for some people if not impossible forcing them to play with such leeches.

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

These requirements will trap people that don't deserve to be in the regular queue

Choose one.

They both point to the same thing which is they are not needed and serve to impede the people that it shouldn't while still allowing the leeches to leech off them and ruin their time in the game. it is like saying to someone you either play with the leeches till you complete a redundant test while failing to learn anything or you just give up and quit playing because you won't enjoy playing with the leeches and why should you have to carry them cause some people are in a queue locked behind a test that in my opinion is not hard but is hard for some people if not impossible forcing them to play with such leeches.

No, they do not point at the same thing.

if the requirements are as easy and obsolete as you claim them to be, then they will not be trapping undeserving players because they are easy and obsolete and any deserving player will clear them with ease.

On the other hand, if the requirements are not so easy and obsolete as y´all claim, then they are doing their job, which is to keep underpwerforming players away from the expert matchmaking.

Thus, in no way are those requirements unneeded nor do they trap the undeserving in any way.

The only problem here is that many, many players and unable and unwilling to admit to themselves that they are not as good as they want to believe themselves to be.

If you struggle beating Phanatical Phantoms and Guides of Creation with the ridiculous gear and classes we have available today and that they are literally giving for free then the problem is you, not the requirements, and you simply are not as good as you think.

Choose one.

No, they do not point at the same thing.

if the requirements are as easy and obsolete as you claim them to be, then they will not be trapping undeserving players because they are easy and obsolete and any deserving player will clear them with ease.

On the other hand, if the requirements are not so easy and obsolete as y´all claim, then they are doing their job, which is to keep underpwerforming players away from the expert matchmaking.

Thus, in no way are those requirements unneeded nor do they trap the undeserving in any way.

I feel like my point is being ignored here and we will end up in circles at this point so I am just gonna stop replying. Last thing I say on this is small playerbase + Expert Matching = Disaster for new players and people that cannot complete the requirements. While I can complete such requirements (I have proven this in the Japanese server) I am not the entire playerbase and I would say I am a pretty good player. This assumption of me doing the requirements while others can easily do the same is false since people have varying skill levels with different times to play. You are saying to me that they are undeserving (I am not putting words into your mouth simply stating how I read what you said here) since they will never pass the requirements even with the Cras series soon to come or even someone telling them exactly how to beat it. I feel better moderation is the answer here to end this.

Last thing I say on this is small playerbase + Expert Matching = Disaster for new players and people that cannot complete the requirements

Since people have varying skill levels with different times to play.

What disaster, that they will be forced to play with people in their own skill level?

How is that a disaster? Is that not what is fair for everyone?

Why are better geared and trained players suddenly responsible to help everyone else to have a good time and easy runs?

Where did we sign that contract and when did that responsibility become officially ours? I do not remember that being in the EULA.

You keep pointing at some kind of "moral right" of every player, good or bad, to enjoy the game and be included yet you put the responsibility exclusively and entirely on the shoulders of the better, stronger players. How does that even work?

Last thing I say on this is small playerbase + Expert Matching = Disaster for new players and people that cannot complete the requirements

What disaster, that they will be forced to play with people in their own skill level?

Why are better geared and trained players suddenly responsible to help everyone else to have a good time and easy runs?

Where did we sign that contract and when did that responsibility become officilly ours? I do not remember that being in the EULA.

You keep pointing at some kind of "moral right" of every player, good or bad, to enjoy the game and be included yet you put the responsibility exclusively and entirely on the shoulders of the better, stronger players. How does that even work?

I fight for all not selfishly since I want everyone to have fun but once again my point is misunderstood. This is my final reply now so don't expect a response anymore from me not because I am defeated but because I have no desire to argue over this if it happens so what but I feel it is horrible for the game and shouldn't be put into the Global version.

Where did we sign that contract and when did that responsibility become officilly ours? I do not remember that being in the EULA.

I fight for all not selfishly since I want everyone to have fun but once again my point is misunderstood. This is my final reply now so don't expect a response anymore from me not because I am defeated but because I have no desire to argue over this if it happens so what but I feel it is horrible for the game and shouldn't be put into the Global version.

You keep failinng to elaborate on this "disaster" that you keep claiming will occur if Expert Matchmaking is introduced.

You keep saying it will definitely happen if and when matchmaking is introduced, but you have not truly explained or define it, i mean, the Japanese servers are doing just fine even after years of having the expert matchmaking.

So exactly what do you think will happen if it´s introduced?

You say your point is missunderstood but you are not really bringing forth any point, you are just claiming the sky will fall over our heads if we ever get it.

Of course no one wants to carry leeches but it’s even more unfair for the non-expert players who struggle even more to carry their party. I’ve mentioned it before but there are gamers that play at a disadvantage irl that still try, I personally play with nerve damage. I won’t ever be as good as expert players but I still help my team. Lately I run out of moons picking up the same people over and over again, my last UQ lasted so long and we almost failed it because most of my party was dead repeatedly, standing in AoE’s and barely moving. It’s a frustrating experience carrying people, I know that just as well as you guys.

The solution should be to help both sides against leeches, not throw one side to the wolves.

It coming next patch right.

You keep failinng to elaborate on this "disaster" that you keep claiming will occur if Expert Matchmaking is introduced.

You keep saying it will definitely happen if and when matchmaking is introduced, but you have not truly explained or define it, i mean, the Japanese servers are doing just fine even after years of having the expert matchmaking.

So exactly what do you think will happen if it´s introduced?

You say your point is missunderstood but you are not really bringing forth any point, you are just claiming the sky will fall over our heads if we ever get it.

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Of course no one wants to carry leeches but it’s even more unfair for the non-expert players who struggle even more to carry their party. I’ve mentioned it before but there are gamers that play at a disadvantage irl that still try, I personally play with nerve damage. I won’t ever be as good as expert players but I still help my team. Lately I run out of moons picking up the same people over and over again, my last UQ lasted so long and we almost failed it because most of my party was dead repeatedly, standing in AoE’s and barely moving. It’s a frustrating experience carrying people, I know that just as well as you guys.

The solution should be to help both sides against leeches, not throw one side to the wolves.

@Milk situation is one of the cases I am concerned about why should they be thrown to the leeches to be pushed out of the game having to carry them like you are complaining the current top tier players are currently doing. My point is exactly that there are people with disabilities or not much time to play that are left to endure the leeches or complete a series of tests that feel impossible to them. Do you think these players should suffer while top tier players get to enjoy the fruits of leechless matching? cause I feel such is not what should happen and there should be a solution devised to please both sides while hurting the leeches. As for the JP server it is okay with this matching to solve the issue but it is a larger playerbase.

@Milk situation is one of the cases I am concerned about why should they be thrown to the leeches to be pushed out of the game having to carry them like you are complaining the current top tier players are currently doing. My point is exactly that there are people with disabilities or not much time to play that are left to endure the leeches or complete a series of tests that feel impossible to them. Do you think these players should suffer while top tier players get to enjoy the fruits of leechless matching? cause I feel such is not what should happen and there should be a solution devised to please both sides while hurting the leeches. As for the JP server it is okay with this matching to solve the issue but it is a larger playerbase.

Care to explain how @Milk is my responsibility?

Time is an expensive commodity, and while i do understand the value of helping and supporting others, after all, in PSO1&2GC i was well known for keeping servers hack-free and boosting people thru TTF when they lost their characters, i think that is something that should be my choice and not something that is imposed on me by the game system.

And you and @Milk do not seem to understand that "The leeches" are not the only problem.

There is absolutely nothing wrong nor morally reprehensible in Expert Players wanting to play with other Expert Players only, not just to avoid leeches but for many other reasons such as wanting to meet other people in the same skill level to recruit, or wanting to squeeze as many runs as possible in the UQ/EQ´s that can be repeated, some of which even give better/more rewards the more you do them.

There are also EU players that are subjected to either US or JP times for ther EQ/UQ schedules and just log to try and get their sweet loot quickly then return to their daily lives, jobs or rest. Do they have no rights nor deserve a quick run with other expert players?

So again, it´s not just about the leeches, even being forced to play with a group of random "Eh, normal i guess" players can cost an expert player 1 or 2 extra runs with all the benefits and rewards (and time) being lost, so for the expert player, playing with @Milk is a net loss.

And before you say something like "Well, The Expert player should play with their team only if they want expert efficiency" i can answer with "The non expert player can also find a team of decently normal skilled players and play with them instead of with the leeches"

Ultimately, for every "good point" that you have in favor of players like @Milk, some of which are valid, there is another point to be made in favor of Expert players being able to play with Experts only, so i do not see how that is the Expert Player´s responsibility.

Aside from the fact that many players either don't distinguish between "bad players" and "leeches" or simply don't care the only thing (that I'm aware of, I've yet to see anyone come up with a better compromise (or better one at all)) that actually solves the problem and gives both sides what they claim they want is to "A:" reset and put up some very harsh requirements to unlock higher difficulty levels (make them quest specific if need be), "B:" equalize the drops for all difficulty levels and "C:" put up clear caps on content (like the most recent UQ has). That way difficulty becomes a pure gameplay choice for "likeminded people" and those who are just bad at the game don't have to deal with a complete s**tshow if they want to play the content and progress their character.

Do more difficult campaigns - push the players to do more difficult content. It will give the devs actually something to judge the player skills while pushing players to try out harder content. Some will realize they can actually do harder content while some will see that their freebie high rarity gear isn't performing as well as they think they are. Right now it is just speculations that expert matching will destroy the ability to fill up MPA because people claim there's alot less player on global compared to JP. Keep in mind global is also more concentrated with only 4 ships compared to 10.

@HarmlessSyan said in Top XXXX number of players on a big screen:

All the campaign that been handing out free stuff are basically participation prizes, do 5 featured quest, run certain quest x times on any difficulty, never pushes players to try harder content.

Perhaps having more difficult campaigns would give the devs a better idea of the average player skill on global server, whether they are as bad as people making them out to be. Some examples can be

atpco.png

1- Solo PD

2- Solo Mother + Deus

3- Extreme Quest Madness and Phantasms

4- Time Attack Dark Vestiges on UH

5- Ultimate Quest Ship Infiltration Enemy Battleship

Or there's also the current running....

atpc.png

1 & 2 - just urgent quests so whatever....

3 - Ultimate Quest Solo Sodam

4 & 5 - Divide Quest, 31-35 being the highest steps.

Care to explain how @Milk is my responsibility?

Time is an expensive commodity, and while i do understand the value of helping and supporting others, after all, in PSO1&2GC i was well known for keeping servers hack-free and boosting people thru TTF when they lost their characters, i think that is something that should be my choice and not something that is imposed on me by the game system.

And you and @Milk do not seem to understand that "The leeches" are not the only problem.

There is absolutely nothing wrong nor morally reprehensible in Expert Players wanting to play with other Expert Players only, not just to avoid leeches but for many other reasons such as wanting to meet other people in the same skill level to recruit, or wanting to squeeze as many runs as possible in the UQ/EQ´s that can be repeated, some of which even give better/more rewards the more you do them.

There are also EU players that are subjected to either US or JP times for ther EQ/UQ schedules and just log to try and get their sweet loot quickly then return to their daily lives, jobs or rest. Do they have no rights nor deserve a quick run with other expert players?

So again, it´s not just about the leeches, even being forced to play with a group of random "Eh, normal i guess" players can cost an expert player 1 or 2 extra runs with all the benefits and rewards (and time) being lost, so for the expert player, playing with @Milk is a net loss.

And before you say something like "Well, The Expert player should play with their team only if they want expert efficiency" i can answer with "The non expert player can also find a team of decently normal skilled players and play with them instead of with the leeches"

Ultimately, for every "good point" that you have in favor of players like @Milk, some of which are valid, there is another point to be made in favor of Expert players being able to play with Experts only, so i do not see how that is the Expert Player´s responsibility.

I am an EU player and I have no issues. Wasn't going to try the team point of approach cause even I feel it is stupid to go about it that way. Your statement here sounds like people such as @Milk have less rights to play in Expert Matching as you do which is horrible to me and sounds super selfish. There are a lot better ways to rid of the leeches than a queue hidden behind a test that splits the playerbase. In my eyes this sounds like an elitist attitude which the game doesn't promote and the game includes all people am I not wrong here? These queues will lock a large amount of the playerbase out from people that aren't leeches which btw still hasn't been addressed since it is a major problem of such a queue system as people that cannot complete the test are lumped with the leeches. What will you suggest from them apart from the play with friends and alliances argument? I am very keen to know this.

So players like me are a burden, then. Got it.

I am an EU player and I have no issues.

Fair, but others do, you are not the standard, so i do not see how this is relevant.

Your statement here sounds like people such as @Milk have less rights to play in Expert Matching as you do which is horrible to me and sounds super selfish.

Can @Milk produce the same results and play at the level of the expert players?

If the answer is no, then they do not have the right to play with expert players who specificially want to play with other expert players, because @Milk is not an expert player.

Do you even comprehend the entire point behind the expert matching?

This is an elitist attitude which the game doesn't promote and the game includes all people am I not wrong here?

Expert matching is a game feature that has existed for, as far as i remember, more than half a decade, so asking to have it here as well does not go against the spirit of the game, being that it´s an existing feature.

These queues will lock a large amount of the playerbase out from people that aren't leeches

I fail to see how that is the expert player´s responsibility, you really love to put the wellbeing of half the community on the other half of the community like we are some kind of surrogate caretakers.

Your heart feels for those who have difficulties to unlock Expert but you do not seem to consider how those "elitist players" may also have difficult lives of their own and want to spend what time they have to game enjoying and relaxing with people that can keep up with them.

You really need to understand that other players ARE ABSOLUTELY AND DEFINITELY NOT the responsibility of any other player and other players owe them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

You are literally demanding that a half a decade old GAME FEATURE does not get implemented and thus limiting the enjoyment of half the community, so that you can feel good about helping the other half.

You are like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich so you can give to the poor, only you fail to realize that now the old rich have become poor, and the old poor are rich.

As for the solution that you ask me to give you, it does not matter, even if i had a good idea, because we all know that Sega/Microsoft will absolutely never implement it, because it would take too much work.

Asking for them to enable an already existing feature is not the same as asking to create a whole new system, exclusively for the English version of the game, so that a miniscule part of a small community benefits.

So players like me are a burden, then. Got it.

Or maybe people just want to play with equally skilled players, thanks to a feature that has already existed for 5+ years in the original version of the game, and has nothing to do with you personally.

I mean, my age is starting to seriously slow me down as a gamer, i am but a shadow of how good i used to be in my early 20´s, and i would bet an arm that by the time, in 5 years, when PSO NGS introduces a theoretical Expert Mode, i will fail to qualify, as every year my reactions and reflexes grow slower.

My younger sister absolutely destroys me in fighting games, even at my beloved soul calibur series, even though at the time of Soul Calibur 2 i used to be a regional champ in my country.

And i do not get upset or call myself a burden if no e-sports team wants me in their SC team.

I understand that time is valuable and everyone has the right to spend it according to their own wishes, and if some do not wish to play with people at my level, they have every right to do so without that making them evil.