Expert matchmaking,when?

@Rang-Dipkin said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Milk I still find this an interesting point of discussion. And given the comments on how you can't pug Divide Quests because it's too hard to carry inexperienced/undergeared folks, making the group requirement related to Divide Quests seems like a natural starting point.

IMO, the solo requirement would also probably need to be updated for us because while Madness and Phantasms was a decent challenge on release, it's much easier now with Lvl 100, plus potentials, 13 star units, affix capsules, etc.

I agree, Divide would be an excellent starting point! It’s challenging and requires full cooperation or the group suffers.

I also agree even though this would hurt my chances, lol. It’s outdated and expert requirements should continuously be raised, like the Mentor system in ffxiv. You lose it if you don’t keep up with the updated requirements. I of course lost mine but that’s fair!

@Ryoga said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

With the absolute torrential downpour of keys , exp tickets and triboosts this game has been giving recently(or ever) players can still be new and already facing endgame content. When I was briefly in a different alliance, the guild master had to answer very newbie-centric questions from players looking to join endgame content with the group, things like “how do I upgrade my gear”, things you would find absolutely shocking but this isn’t uncommon. The level next to your character’s name means absolutely nothing, it’s what you learned. Since the game has no ilvl system like ffxiv to keep players out who have no business being there in gear that could get them killed, content is open to everyone and it becomes a mess. A restriction on gear to an extent would help a lot and I really think mandatory tutorials for endgame content should be in place, if you cannot pass the tutorial that mimics the real experience then you can’t join.

Ofc it's not uncommon, I've played the global version of MS2 and that game had an integrated group DPS meter for raids. For level 60 raids the DPS numbers I usually saw in PuGs ranged from ~30k up to 3m and that game was using gear score restrictions so me saying that they're pretty much useless was not just hyperbolic.

couldn’t we get a simulated group experience with NPCs or something? They already have the AIs for it

I could go into detail here as for why but the NPCs in their current state are pretty much completely useless and can't even emulate a really bad player. Now the idea isn't bad but they would need to overhaul the whole system for this to work which btw I would be in favor of.

Wow those numbers are all over the place!

Sadly I think even our nonresponsive NPCs out perform players that eat floor or afk...

All i know is that the next time there is another #AllTheContent #DoNotCensorPSO2 #SaveThelolisCreativity thread, i am going to bury half the posters in their own quotes from this thread because the hypocrisy of some of y´all is too damn high.

The way you guys change opinions and sides depending on the thread is ridiculous.

The same can be said of those of you, and you know who you are, that claim here that our community is too small in this thread but defend PSO2 against any population related criticism in the other threads.

If Hypocrisy was F-Factor you guys would become Dark Falz on the spot.

I’m anti censorship and a regular in Suggestions for anti censorship. If “all the content” excludes a large chunk of players then the requirements should be relooked at but the mode should be available. A concern for population is completely valid when it’s content that is going to separate the player base. I don’t think our game is gloom & doom dying or anything but this very moment we don’t have a lot of players compared to other games.

I don’t necessarily want pro players to never get their expert mode but I want to see more options and I certainly want to see the requirements match the content. Just like in the censorship threads I was open to small changes like a toggle system to allow the content to exist at all.

Even if I never beat the requirements, the current jp or possible changes I still stand by what I said. I don’t feel the requirements fit the team setting content at all.

The mods I'm sure have read this thread and passed on your feedback, @IfrianMMO, as well as pretty much every angle of the argument that has been covered. No amount of insults are going to bring Expert Matching in today, tomorrow or even a week from now (or vice versa, for the opposition, point is, it's literally out of our hands).

This is a small forum and a topic that is very clearly not so black and white. Is the hostility really necessary?

@_Flux_ said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

The mods I'm sure have read this thread and passed on your feedback, @IfrianMMO, as well as pretty much every angle of the argument that has been covered. No amount of insults are going to bring Expert Matching in today, tomorrow or even a week from now (or vice versa, for the opposition, point is, it's literally out of our hands).

This is a small forum and a topic that is very clearly not so black and white. Is the hostility really necessary?

If I said yes would you get mad?

No, I'd just roll my eyes.

I’m anti censorship and a regular in Suggestions for anti censorship. If “all the content” excludes a large chunk of players then the requirements should be relooked at but the mode should be available. A concern for population is completely valid when it’s content that is going to separate the player base. I don’t think our game is gloom & doom dying or anything but this very moment we don’t have a lot of players compared to other games.

I don’t necessarily want pro players to never get their expert mode but I want to see more options and I certainly want to see the requirements match the content. Just like in the censorship threads I was open to small changes like a toggle system to allow the content to exist at all.

Even if I never beat the requirements, the current jp or possible changes I still stand by what I said. I don’t feel the requirements fit the team setting content at all.

That is a lot of words for "I want the game to adapt to my personal preferences, opinions and circumstances"

Either we get ALL THE CONTENT or we accept this is a different version that does it´s own thing, and accept the changes that it brings, both when it benefits us and when it does not.

Changes/NoChanges depending on the topic is dangerously hypocritcal and self-serving. Choose your side.

P.S: At this point and so close to NGS it is quite obvious that expert matchmaking is never coming, i do not even care THAT much about it since i play JP most of the time and that is where my main character is and will remain, i play NA mostly with my NA friends.

But after one year of seeing the same names change sides and mold arguments on a per-thread basis, one gets tired of it.

@IfrianMMO said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

All i know is that the next time there is another #AllTheContent #DoNotCensorPSO2 #SaveThelolisCreativity thread, i am going to bury half the posters in their own quotes from this thread because the hypocrisy of some of y´all is too damn high.

The way you guys change opinions and sides depending on the thread is ridiculous.

The same can be said of those of you, and you know who you are, that claim here that our community is too small in this thread but defend PSO2 against any population related criticism in the other threads.

If Hypocrisy was F-Factor you guys would become Dark Falz on the spot.

This version is already compromised by censorship. I really don’t care if you quote me in such a thread I don’t participate in them these days since I accepted this is a compromised version of PSO2 and that I am mainly playing the Japanese version anyways. Do with that as you will

Duplicate 😞 tried to edit & made new one

That is a lot of words for "I want the game to adapt to my personal preferences, opinions and circumstances"

Either we get ALL THE CONTENT or we accept this is a different version that does it´s own thing, and accept the changes that it brings, both when it benefits us and when it does not.

Changes/NoChanges depending on the topic is dangerously hypocritcal and self-serving. Choose your side.

P.S: At this point and so close to NGS it is quite obvious that expert matchmaking is never coming, i do not even care THAT much about it since i play JP most of the time and that is where my main character is and will remain, i play NA mostly with my NA friends.

But after one year of seeing the same names change sides and mold arguments on a per-thread basis, one gets tired of it.

I already said why I feel the requirements don’t match the content on this exact page and it literally had nothing to do with my personal circumstances. I was in support of the expert requirements even being raised because we’re already outgearing and outleveling the hardest content. There is no way in god’s green earth I will pass that when I just barely beat Masq lvl 1 by the skin of my teeth. It would be nice to beat the requirements just to say I did it but I don’t feel the requirements as they are right now fit our game, regardless if I can beat it or not. I said additional options for requirements would help the chances of players like me and while I sympathize with pro players sick of carrying leeches, I don’t like it either. If that’s selfish, oh well I guess. I think more options are fair to everyone, I didn’t want expert mode to just be taken away.

I should elaborate. I feel there should be additional options for requirements but they should he harder and actually scale to the difficulty of the current content, the requirements are from two episodes ago. Previously I gave an example from ffxiv, the Mentor system. How it works is you earn your mentor title by completing a large list of tasks that are designed to test your skill and your knowledge of the game. Every so often they raise the requirements and if you’re an existing mentor you lose your status until you complete the newest requirements, that way it’s not a bunch of players that earned their status years ago who haven’t touched current content. Now the mentor system is a lot different than pro players just wanting a private channel basically but the idea is the same. It makes absolutely no sense to me how beating outdated content proves you will do well in up to date content, and as I said before I don’t see how requirements that are solo fights help to determine you’ll do well in a team setting because there’s more to working in a group than your DPS.

If changes are made to give more options than less, what do you think I’m going to pick? That’s like complaining if the salon sliders were given more range, it’s a change but it’s a positive one. I want the game to have more of the content, not less, that includes more options for expert requirements.

Edit: forgot something

I think any one won't have a static side, I do think opinions can vary. Minds can change. People I've disagreed with constantly I can see something and agree to once in a blue moon. Yet with Expert Matchmaking, my mind has never changed. I'm totally fine with it. I think it's at least basic etiquette for us to consider those that are carrying, and not simply those that are being carried. I think a balance is better to have, rather than a skew.

Duplicate, curse wifi!

I think minds can change, I know I’ve spoken to someone on the forum in suggestions and we didn’t agree on anything at all but I did walk away from the discussion a little unsure of my previous stance. I don’t think opinions are set in stone and a good argument can be persuasive.

Duplicate, curse wifi!

I think minds can change, I know I’ve spoken to someone on the forum in suggestions and we didn’t agree on anything at all but I did walk away from the discussion a little unsure of my previous stance. I don’t think opinions are set in stone and a good argument can be persuasive.

I agree with this and the reason I am so set in my mindset cause the arguments being provided for the system are really weak to me so being against it is the most logical thing for me to do in this case.

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Duplicate, curse wifi!

I agree with this and the reason I am so set in my mindset cause the arguments being provided for the system are really weak to me so being against it is the most logical thing for me to do in this case.

Yes exactly, if someone explained why X way is better than my idea then I’d be open to that but I don’t see how a system that’s expanded on is a bad idea. To me, giving players their expert mode is fine, giving players more than one option(with measures to prevent leeching like removal of moons) is even better. We want people to be excited for this, to be motivated to work harder but the current requirements only play to one strength when there’s multiple ways to contribute to a team, even in a game with no holy trinity.

I’m also human and double down in stubbornness when I feel my viewpoints are being outright shot down. I like differing opinions but I feel discouraged when an argument stops being cordial.