Expert matchmaking,when?

Whether you are against Expert Matching (I am against it) or not nobody will change their minds and we will most likely never see this feature enabled since the Global team would have done it already. Toss all the insults you want at me (I will ignore them anyways) it is a net negative for the playerbase for many valid reasons and just encourages elitist/toxic behaviour such as a few posts in this thread has been. SEGA most likely knows introducing such a queue will deal more damage than good also NGS is coming out soon so there is no point in creating a solution to this problem from scratch. I can complete the requirements if I wanted to but in my eyes it is a waste of time that serves to damage the playerbase further than it is damaged now. (I am a Japanese Veteran player that beat the requirements btw before you start throwing insults at me)

Waiting expert when game is dead...

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Whether you are against Expert Matching (I am against it) or not nobody will change their minds and we will most likely never see this feature enabled since the Global team would have done it already. Toss all the insults you want at me (I will ignore them anyways) it is a net negative for the playerbase for many valid reasons and just encourages elitist/toxic behaviour such as a few posts in this thread has been. SEGA most likely knows introducing such a queue will deal more damage than good also NGS is coming out soon so there is no point in creating a solution to this problem from scratch. I can complete the requirements if I wanted to but in my eyes it is a waste of time that serves to damage the playerbase further than it is damaged now. (I am a Japanese Veteran player that beat the requirements btw before you start throwing insults at me)

No insults here, I'm actually glad the feature was skipped over. No sense in unnecessarily fracturing the playerbase.

Frankly, I like NGS' gear score solution a lot better.

@_Flux_ said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

gear score solution

Gear score is not really a solution either, I've seen it in other games. People ignored the objectively better (and cheaper) options just to meet certain GS requirements leaving them underpowered for the content in question. There is also no guarantee that the stuff people are wearing has any synergy with the build they actually play which is another thing GS is incapable to address.

It's just opinions which is better (expert matching or gear score), it's not like gear score won't split part of the community either. They are both designed to segregate the community in some way. Expert block requirement was once getting a 13* weapon to +35 or summoner egg to lv120 PLUS a full set of 12* units (and no, there was no free set of 12* stella wall sub units when you hit 75 back then), basically a gear score but based on feedbacks and people cheesing the requirements - it was changed.

Expert block/matching was a system that was liked by many on the JP side and they had many player feedbacks/surveys on the subject and dev interviews talking about the adjustments and player feedback ei) https://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20170718010/

I guess it's fine if global don't wish to follow the same path but it has been a long standing system on JP, and with 10 ships/players more spread out - there is no issues queuing for urgents or limited quests with or without expert matching on.

The gear system isn’t perfect but it’s basically the ilvl in ffxiv right? Yes people cheese it sometimes with the wrong gear(even pvp gear in pve!) but at least the defense meets the requirements.

@Milk yes basically, though it really depends on how it is implemented. NGS probably won't have as much freebies giving people top of the line gear as they have in PSO2, and it is more of a looter game so perhaps wont have the FFXIV weekly tomestone gear for highest ilvl/gear score either.

@HarmlessSyan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Milk yes basically, though it really depends on how it is implemented. NGS probably won't have as much freebies giving people top of the line gear as they have in PSO2, and it is more of a looter game so perhaps wont have the FFXIV weekly tomestone gear for highest ilvl/gear score either.

It’s definitely a wait & see situation right now but that sounds like players are going to be shut out, hopefully they provide a lot of ways for players to earn their gear.

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@HarmlessSyan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

It’s definitely a wait & see situation right now but that sounds like players are going to be shut out, hopefully they provide a lot of ways for players to earn their gear.

Gearing up has been incredibly accessible in PSO2 for years, so I don't think that'll be a problem in NGS. I just hope they find a good balance between the grindable gear and the top stuff, or at least return to the Atlas paradigm where the grindable stuff was the welfare baseline and you had more exciting upgrades to find after that.

@_Flux_ said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Gearing up has been incredibly accessible in PSO2 for years

This was not my experience, I only felt high rarity gear became accessible towards the end of EP5 with persona where farming it enough can actually net you the dropped gear. For the longest time, the only chronos stone was from title, so you are limited to 1 atlas weapon. Yearly weapon badge shop provided outdated gear (like 2018 finally added circuray units EP3 gear in EP5) and badge drop rate were definitely not as good compare to how they drop now. Since Road to EP6 campaign, they been handing out free stuff, but it definitely wasn't like this for many years.

I don't recall having much of a problem getting the baseline stuff to handle UQs in Episode 3 (I was a TeHu and facetanking Luther on SH or XH; I forget what the top difficulty was at the time thanks to NA muddling that memory, but I wasn't exactly the most skilled player back then). The higher tier stuff was more difficult, but... shouldn't it be, anyway?

Granted, I haven't played JP since early episode 4 so if starting progression had become more difficult, then I wouldn't know. So I'll defer to you on that.

@_Flux_ Back in EP3 I was a bouncer with extended(crafted) weapons and invested in craft mastery because I couldn't really get my hands on high rarity drops. I think using Urgents/Emergency as a baseline is pretty low but even then it wasn't rare for many mining base defenses to fail, but the bosses are all fairly easy with the 30mins time frame.

@HarmlessSyan True, it is perhaps a low bar to consider. Just to me, anywhere where you're in a position to actually farm the endgame stuff without being a total burden is baseline endgame, with the goal being to power up to where it's trivial. NA kinda bastardized that progression from the beginning by making NT Nemesis so trivial to get.

I hope NGS is a happy medium, where prep isn't too time consuming but it's not literally getting endgame (that is, the 15 star collection weps or 13 star units) through Personal Shop or a single UQ. Give you a chance to savor things a bit compared to NA.

@Macmaxi said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Indeed, nothing would change, the people that complain now will still complain. If anything one can make a futile attempt at trying to lower these peoples expectations or offer them alternatives rather than having them tunnel vision on something they can't solve.

If after expert matching people complained, that's when it would be valid to ignore those complaints since requirements have been met.

The Anti-"Elitists" are so confusing.

In one hand, they do not like "elitists", and they bemoan that they exist. On the other hand, they refuse to let them have their own queue.

Your attitudes, much like your arguments, are extremely dissonant, but then again, this has been the case from the very day they announced PC would not have a beta.