Expert matchmaking,when?

@Teasa said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Milk 7bb3beaa-2de3-4bf6-9256-00ebea518e80-image.png

I even read that in his voice!

@Ryoga said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Even with expert matchmaking people will never stop complaining about "leechers" because in the way the term is used it usually doesn't mean "that person is not meeting the from the Devs. expected standards for the content in question" but "I believe that person is not meeting my arbitrary standards on how one should perform" regardless of how that person actually performed and that's not going to change unless we get DPS meters which I don't see happening (although I don't see any real reason why we shouldn't get at least personal DPS meters but I digress).

"Lazy players" also seems to be a rather silly thing to complain about as this one doesn't even relate to ingame performance. There are some rather lazy playstyles with incredibly high DPS and you might as well ask them to exclude summoner at this point. If someone brings a decent performance to the table and you're upset just because his playstyle seems lazy then the source of your "problem" isn't him, it's you getting upset about optics.

^ This

I always have a mediocre DPS with equally mediocre equipment, but I tend to high HPS in every game I play due to my personal playstyle.

So whenever someone starts being all toxic and wants to call me a leech, I stop healing the party. Period, end of story.

And surprise, surprise, the toxic player usually ends up low on HP, and squeals for me to heal them. (While everyone else is fine.)

There are casual players in every game. Either have fun and play nice with PUGs in PSO2, or you can go play Warframe.

Just because some players want to be eliteists with the best equipment and flaunt their impeccable dodge timing, doesn't mean they get to call other users lazy or leeches.

Well if anything, expert matching will remove those that you consider toxic and talking down on people from non-expert matching. So if you are really a casual player that can't or don't wish to do expert matching requirements - you most likely won't be matched with those people anymore.

Mediocre equipment? When do you know if yours is mediocre?

I am not as smart as you guys, so how do I obtain the knowledge if not shadowing an expert?

I am trying to leech knowledge!

@RainGnyu said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I am not as smart as you guys, so how do I obtain the knowledge if not shadowing an expert?

Mediocre equipment is gear with high rarity, but not with the same stats or skill layout that a hardcore player would prefer to follow from a guide someone else made.

@HarmlessSyan That's exactly what I wanted to say. However, there are people who dislike toxic players but also dislike expert matching. It's very strange.

@QWERT said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@HarmlessSyan That's exactly what I wanted to say. However, there are people who dislike toxic players but also dislike expert matching. It's very strange.

I think the main reason would be concern that the devs or Global team would sneak bonus things in there behind a high personal skill level.

@MasterDarkwingz That's literally nobodies concern, because it's just a matchmaking system not a different exclusive tier of missions. We know that expert matchmaking doesn't do that. The only bonus is not getting matched up with people who are god awful at the game and afk in uqs. You continually post disinfo / obviously false things over and over.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@RainGnyu said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Mediocre equipment is gear with high rarity, but not with the same stats or skill layout that a hardcore player would prefer to follow from a guide someone else made.

I thought stats were geared to play style? Not someone else’s preference......Am I wrong in this evaluation?

@Laep said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@MasterDarkwingz The only bonus is not getting matched up with people who are god awful at the game and afk in uqs.

You, an absolute Expert JP Vet Signogun: "Expert will keep those afkers and baddies out."

Me, an enlightened global Arks operative: "Now that i match with experts, the runs will go smoother while i do my dishes."

Question for the people who don't think Expert Match Making will do anything (as in, leeches/bad players/whatever will still be in the expert match making lobbies):

So why would it matter if implemented? It would be a win-win. People get Expert Match Making, and stop complaining, and nothing changes.

Indeed, nothing would change, the people that complain now will still complain. If anything one can make a futile attempt at trying to lower these peoples expectations or offer them alternatives rather than having them tunnel vision on something they can't solve.

@NIC said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Question for the people who don't think Expert Match Making will do anything (as in, leeches/bad players/whatever will still be in the expert match making lobbies):

So why would it matter if implemented? It would be a win-win. People get Expert Match Making, and stop complaining, and nothing changes.

Because their "reasons" change depending on which argument they are facing.

• The requirements are easy and outdated, expert is useless / The requirements are unfair and they gate people out of expert.

• Expert players only play in premade teams, expert is useless. / If expert arrives, there will not be enough players around.

• If expert comes, everyone else is left at the mercy of the leeches / Expert is useless because the leeches will join it anyway.

To be fair, this is true of pretty much every thread in this forum, since it´s very inception.

One of the earliest examples was how XBOX players defended SEGA/MICROSOFT´s decision not to share XBOX exclusive items and XBOX beta items with PC players, but inmediatly changing their minds once PC players got their own stuff.

Or how the same people use "our servers are too small" when it´s convenient, but then in other threads they claim their servers are healthy and full of parties and opportunities, especially if the thread is a complaint.

You get used to it.

I have to say that this was one of the most entertaining forum threads I have read in a long while.

@IfrianMMO I'm with you all the way. Thank you for providing quality discussion, bullet points and some indirect quality humor.

@Teasa said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Cakewalk

Yeah, I'm aware about those players, I saw someone with a SIGMA BOW +35 and he was just using only Million Storm. Peoples who run obsolete gears aren't supposed to be in UH tho, I'm wondering why they didn't put a gears requirements or stats requirements. 😕

A picture of his gears : ( It was during the release of Persona UQ. )

This person was a Lv.90 BR/RA using Million Storm

3ae8a3f5-de87-484b-b8fe-cb9bb637c90c-image.png

I've had 17 minute XH Luther last week.

Also, when someone die 7 times within a 20~25 run, draining all the lives and made us fail when we were literally at 98% of the boss with 30 sec left, I call that a leecher for obvious reasons.

You can be casual, just go for lower levels.

You cannot use casual as an excuse for people to carry you, so that you can be casual on your gears yet reap the same rewards than others who did all the hard works.