Expert matchmaking,when?

@IfrianMMO said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@IfrianMMO said in [Expert matchmaking,when?](/post/

I can help you with masquerade, there are many ways to cheese him as an Etoile Double-Saber, since it´s so tanky and so easy to counter, he is tougher if you try to use the other two weapons.

Heck, i am pretty much sure you can beat Masquerade by just spamming the weapon action (and timing it for the counter when he attacks) and doing absolutely nothing else in floors 1-5.

And it is not that i do not sympathize with you on a personal level, i just do not think that it should hold everyone else that can back, though. The many cannot adapt to the one, it´s the other way around.

Aw crum, I use a wand...Meanwhile husband can beat him like it’s nothing and he plays Techer, he would easily pass expert requirements. 😞 Feels bad, I can’t do it even on an easier class but I keep trying. If I ever do beat Masq I’ll probably cry!

I recommend giving double-saber a try, as it is the most easy, defensive and forgiving weapon of the three, as it is based on defense.

Furthermore, most of their attacks allow you to teleport/Dash into the enemy, making it very easy to stay close and tight, without requiring any serious physical effort on your hands/arms, unlike other classes where all the dashing is manual.

I’ll give it a shot today! I’m also trying out rod Phantom today, too. I used to use jetboots but I wasn’t reaching acceptable damage after reading guides and even my husband teaching me, something wasn’t clicking and my response time wasn’t good enough. Heck I’m open to any build I can play, we’ll see how it goes.

@Star-Platinum I think Divide will require more of a pre-made team that trusts each other. Don't think people are comfortable doing that high level content with players they don't know. Like raids in Destiny 2.

@IfrianMMO said in [Expert matchmaking,when?](/post/

I can help you with masquerade, there are many ways to cheese him as an Etoile Double-Saber, since it´s so tanky and so easy to counter, he is tougher if you try to use the other two weapons.

Heck, i am pretty much sure you can beat Masquerade by just spamming the weapon action (and timing it for the counter when he attacks) and doing absolutely nothing else in floors 1-5.

And it is not that i do not sympathize with you on a personal level, i just do not think that it should hold everyone else that can back, though. The many cannot adapt to the one, it´s the other way around.

Aw crum, I use a wand...Meanwhile husband can beat him like it’s nothing and he plays Techer, he would easily pass expert requirements. 😞 Feels bad, I can’t do it even on an easier class but I keep trying. If I ever do beat Masq I’ll probably cry!

I recommend giving double-saber a try, as it is the most easy, defensive and forgiving weapon of the three, as it is based on defense.

Furthermore, most of their attacks allow you to teleport/Dash into the enemy, making it very easy to stay close and tight, without requiring any serious physical effort on your hands/arms, unlike other classes where all the dashing is manual.

I’ll give it a shot today! I’m also trying out rod Phantom today, too. I used to use jetboots but I wasn’t reaching acceptable damage after reading guides and even my husband teaching me, something wasn’t clicking and my response time wasn’t good enough. Heck I’m open to any build I can play, we’ll see how it goes.

Phantom is quite hard and technical if you want to reach it´s maximum potential, to be honest.

Sadly, i have to go to work, or i would show you all the basic combos and gameplay of the double.saber.

@Ranmaru I was able to consistently get S-ranks with random parties I joined in Divide Quests so far even up to Step 30 so far while aiming only for Points. Divide Quests aren't exactly too difficult to run solo or in smaller parties either because you get more incentives (a bigger damage bonus) so if you are in a party you really want to make sure you don't have a leech with you or that you can quickly inform others of your general strategy.

Divide Quests are very easy to run solo for those who want to rely on themselves and only themselves and are just as rewarding as a result but the only "difficulty" I could see in those are the crystal collecting missions that necessitate speedrunning the areas which isn't exactly so hard depending on what you have since we do not have the all-class Katana with Morning Mistreaver baked in for every class to zip through those like the Japanese version. Otherwise you're in good hands if you have a Phantom (or multiple) who have a rod and know that shifted Massenvernichtung extends your collection range which makes these much easier. In terms of actual fights with enemies and bosses I never found myself being "challenged" so much when you're playing and at least know how to group up enemies by the explosive enemies or the patterns of the bosses. I'm not saying that I'm "perfect" but so much of the bigger enemies have such visible tells and indicators of their attacks by this point that it shouldn't be too difficult to learn to adapt to the rhythm of some of those fights (like Omega Masquerade or Execor).

Having an underperforming party really is punishing in Divide Quests because it affects the rewards and rankings you get when you can't complete the objectives for the best rewards and makes combat harder when the enemies are all scaled to each player pulling their weight and timed which makes players who decide to not try end up holding everyone back.

Phantom is quite hard and technical if you want to reach it´s maximum potential, to be honest.

Sadly, i have to go to work, or i would show you all the basic combos and gameplay of the double.saber.

Yeah this is too difficult, what a shame the new Valentines Day camo is only for rod. This feels more advanced than Bouncer, ah well. At least I always have Etoile. My husband reminded me I can use the cute camos on rod with Force in NGS, now I’m excited for that.

No worries, I appreciate it though! I can read/watch guides. I tried it out in the ship and flung myself into a wall so far, well thats something. 😛

The fact too many people are ignoring is that as long as the Expert Matching system is tied to an arbitrary percentage of the playerbase and updated to keep trying to reflect those numbers, were better off with nothing rather than anything remotely like it.

They might not have time to make a new, far superior system, but they could always make small but important changes to Expert Matching which currently is an abhorrent and idiotic idea, to make it not quite so stupid.

The number of people who quality should never have any bearing on the future updates and design to the system.

Any such system must have a set of tests that do not change aside from scaling to account for level and equipment, and also must use content that actually provides a good test of skill.

Omega Masquerade floors 30 and beyond is one good example, Fiend Phaleg is one perfect BAD one.

Yeah this is too difficult, what a shame the new Valentines Day camo is only for rod. This feels more advanced than Bouncer, ah well. At least I always have Etoile. My husband reminded me I can use the cute camos on rod with Force in NGS, now I’m excited for that.

No worries, I appreciate it though! I can read/watch guides. I tried it out in the ship and flung myself into a wall so far, well thats something. 😛

I recommend Rifle Phantom since you can just spam basic attacks till he immunes himself then finish him up with PAs and mark explosions. But yeah I agree Etoile Double Saber is a better fit overall.

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

You keep saying that I only care for half the community but I have stated before I care for everyone in the community and I feel a solution for all should be developed. I don’t see why half the playerbase should suffer to make the other half happy. This is no different than the premium only block idea I fought against. In my eyes you have ignored half of the playerbase as you claim I have done.

We both know that, a couple or three months before New Genesis release, Sega is not going to develop a whole new system to benefit a small amount of the even smaller English community.

It is obscenely ridiculous to pretend that we can get a feature that would require programming and developing from scratch implemented above the activation of a feature that already exists.

A feature which, by the way, should have already been implemented considering that we were promised all the game features and content for our NA/Global version.

We all know that the Expert matchmaking is not a perfect solution that benefits everyone but a solution that helps a big percentage of the community is better than no solution at all.

But wait, there´s more! (R.I.P Billy Mays)

Those players in smaller ships that may or may not encounter trouble with a split matchmaking have asked for it and it is their own fault that they find themselves in this situation.

WE WARNED THEM! WE WARNED THEM ENDLESSLY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN:

Every single post they made about how they refused to play the game unless they were given a fresh start (in a 10 years old game that will release 6 expansions in less than 1 year) and demanded more ships, was warned, told, debated and explained that the Western community was not big enough to have so many Ships.

They have ABSOLUTELY ZERO MORAL RIGHT to now try to hold an EXISTING GAME FEATURE BACK because they wanted their cake and after eating it too, their stomach hurts.

And ultimately, once again, it is not the job of the expert players to make everyone else´s experience enjoyable.

IT REALLY IS NOT and you need to put this into your head, and if you want to support the other part of the community then you have EVERY RIGHT to do it yourself, BY YOUR OWN CHOICE and play in the non-expert parties.

But you do not have the right to demand that everyone else does as well for the sake of some weird videogame sociocommunism.

@IfrianMMO

Yes my initial reaction to my name being used multiple times is a pretty negative one, I don’t think elite players are “evil” for wanting their own space, my first replies were an understanding to your plight, it’s a shame you don’t care about mine.

The problem is that you keep talking about "the leeches" as if they were the one and only problem, but as i have explained before, expert matching is not just about avoiding the leeches but about playing with the higher end of the player base.

Furthermore, and as i told Yagyu multiple times, we have to be realistic here, we all know t hat Sega is not going to develop a whole new feature exclusive to the Global version and exclusively for the benefit of a couple dozen competent players like you apparently are, in the middle of developing and close to launching New Genesis.

Whereas the expert matching is a feature that by Microsoft/Sega´s own words, should already have been implemented in Global since they promised everything would be coming to the west.

I do not know you personally and hey, who knows, perhaps you play better than me overall, but the bottom line is that you are an outlier, you are the exception that confirms the rule, and to pretend that every expert player be held back so that you do not feel left behind is a bit absurd and selfish.

And by the way, while i have not mentioned this yet in this thread, as a mainly JP player who plays NA on the side, i am not even sure if i could fulfill the conditions in NA once again, considering that i do not have my main JP classes leveled and my loadout is different.

There is a very serious chance that, if expert mode comes out in NA, i may be left behind too, but i am not arguing in favor of the expert mode because it benefits me personally, but because i find it´s exclusion and people demanding it never comes incredibly self-serving and hypocritical, and the proposed solutions, perhaps morally fair, but not realistic.

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

You keep saying that I only care for half the community but I have stated before I care for everyone in the community and I feel a solution for all should be developed. I don’t see why half the playerbase should suffer to make the other half happy. This is no different than the premium only block idea I fought against. In my eyes you have ignored half of the playerbase as you claim I have done.

We both know that, a couple or three months before New Genesis release, Sega is not going to develop a whole new system to benefit a small amount of the even smaller English community.

It is obscenely ridiculous to pretend that we can get a feature that would require programming and developing from scratch implemented above the activation of a feature that already exists.

A feature which, by the way, should have already been implemented considering that we were promised all the game features and content for our NA/Global version.

We all know that the Expert matchmaking is not a perfect solution that benefits everyone but a solution that helps a big percentage of the community is better than no solution at all.

But wait, there´s more! (R.I.P Billy Mays)

Those players in smaller ships that may or may not encounter trouble with a split matchmaking have asked for it and it is their own fault that they find themselves in this situation.

WE WARNED THEM! WE WARNED THEM ENDLESSLY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN:

Every single post they made about how they refused to play the game unless they were given a fresh start (in a 10 years old game that will release 6 expansions in less than 1 year) and demanded more ships, was warned, told, debated and explained that the Western community was not big enough to have so many Ships.

They have ABSOLUTELY ZERO MORAL RIGHT to now try to hold an EXISTING GAME FEATURE BACK because they wanted their cake and after eating it too, their stomach hurts.

And ultimately, once again, it is not the job of the expert players to make everyone else´s experience enjoyable.

IT REALLY IS NOT and you need to put this into your head, and if you want to support the other part of the community then you have EVERY RIGHT to do it yourself, BY YOUR OWN CHOICE and play in the non-expert parties.

But you do not have the right to demand that everyone else does as well for the sake of some weird videogame sociocommunism.

@IfrianMMO

Yes my initial reaction to my name being used multiple times is a pretty negative one, I don’t think elite players are “evil” for wanting their own space, my first replies were an understanding to your plight, it’s a shame you don’t care about mine.

The problem is that you keep talking about "the leeches" as if they were the one and only problem, but as i have explained before, expert matching is not just about avoiding the leeches but about playing with the higher end of the player base.

Furthermore, and as i told Yagyu multiple times, we have to be realistic here, we all know t hat Sega is not going to develop a whole new feature exclusive to the Global version and exclusively for the benefit of a couple dozen competent players like you apparently are, in the middle of developing and close to launching New Genesis.

Whereas the expert matching is a feature that by Microsoft/Sega´s own words, should already have been implemented in Global since they promised everything would be coming to the west.

I do not know you personally and hey, who knows, perhaps you play better than me overall, but the bottom line is that you are an outlier, you are the exception that confirms the rule, and to pretend that every expert player be held back so that you do not feel left behind is a bit absurd and selfish.

And by the way, while i have not mentioned this yet in this thread, as a mainly JP player who plays NA on the side, i am not even sure if i could fulfill the conditions in NA once again, considering that i do not have my main JP classes leveled and my loadout is different.

There is a very serious chance that, if expert mode comes out in NA, i may be left behind too, but i am not arguing in favor of the expert mode because it benefits me personally, but because i find it´s exclusion and people demanding it never comes incredibly self-serving and hypocritical, and the proposed solutions, perhaps morally fair, but not realistic.

I might not agree with you but if it comes out so be it. I will be fine either way and while I fight for the entire community I do understand when I cannot please everyone and it is why I tend to avoid conversations such as this since it makes me go too far. I admit it is selfish for me to try block the feature. I will try to move on from this and reflect upon what went wrong here as I have been doing. Do I hate when people don’t agree with me? Absolutely not in fact it gives me another perspective to look at a problem with. As for this being introduced well I hate the idea but if SEGA wishes for the activation of it then go ahead. It is just a shame for new players and the current players unable to beat the requirements.

It's not holding the game back to not want Expert Matching as it exists on JP, it is in fact holding the game forward.

The way it has been handled there is as backwards as game features come and would be harmful if it were released on NA to the majority of the playerbase.

I would not be against it if the system was first reformed and especially no longer tied to an arbitrary number of players, but rather a static series of actually fair tests of player skill, specific to class and weapons used only.

Anything else would do more harm than good.

@ZeeHero9271 Phaleg (story version) is not needed for expert in the JP version btw, she does appear in the extreme quest that is one of the requirements, but she has less HP and does less damage than the story version.

On another note, I don't think they're gonna update the expert requirements anymore in the JP version of PSO2, since it doesn't seem like the JP version is gonna get any more major updates other than the graphics update.

The main issue with Phaleg is actually a large combination of issues that by themselves are not a big deal.

It's a combination of her insane speed, her small person sized size, and subtle telegraphs, as well as the fact healing is basically useless.

So, it's hard enough to see her telegraphs, and even once you know what to look for, being able to perceive it in time is delayed slightly due to having to look much closer since she's only as big as you.

On top of this she is ridiculous levels of fast, and getting hit once can be an instant death sentence, and on top of all those things you can't make the cutscene on the start of mission and failure not play at all, which makes it even more tedious to keep trying, to the point its just a waste of time to keep at it.

Compare with Omega Masquerade who even on floor 999 which requires never getting hit, is much larger with more visible telegraphs and does not force a cutscene skip every time you attempt it.

@ZeeHero9271 The extreme quest version doesn't have nerfed healing either.

Phaleg is weaker than Deus Hyunas, so why hate Phaleg so much?

@Ezodagrom And I assume no forced cutscenes, so that would probably be fine.

the biggest issue with the system as it exists on JP though is I have been led to believe from multiple people talking about it that it is adjusted based on an arbitrary number of people they believe should be capable of it.

That is a completely idiotic backwards idea and thus it is not a feature but a flaw, something that makes the JP version in at least one way inferior to NA for having this.

As such NA is better off without it until such time as they disconnect it from any arbitrary number, and make it about how many people can pass the tests, instead of "oops more people are good at the game than we thought, time to raise the bar, god forbid more than 25% of the players be able to use this system"

@QWERT Deus Hyunas does not force a cutscene every time you attempt it, and thus can be practiced without wanting to murder maim and kill.