Expert matchmaking,when?

@Star-Platinum said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Laep said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Star-Platinum Invest in alliancecoin

I tried running armada with them once, they sucked. I don't want to bother with that again.

What ship are you on?

@Star-Platinum I don't get it, you are complaining about people sucking yet want to be matched up to randoms that can be just as bad.

In divide quest, the more people you have the less attack bonus you get. I'm sure there's many people running it solo or small group pre-made but lock their MPA with passwords so they can avoid getting paired up with players that perform poorly as there is no way to filter them out, and to get the maximum attack bonus for themselves.

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@IfrianMMO said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@IfrianMMO

Yes my initial reaction to my name being used multiple times is a pretty negative one, I don’t think elite players are “evil” for wanting their own space, my first replies were an understanding to your plight, it’s a shame you don’t care about mine.

The problem is that you keep talking about "the leeches" as if they were the one and only problem, but as i have explained before, expert matching is not just about avoiding the leeches but about playing with the higher end of the player base.

Furthermore, and as i told Yagyu multiple times, we have to be realistic here, we all know t hat Sega is not going to develop a whole new feature exclusive to the Global version and exclusively for the benefit of a couple dozen competent players like you apparently are, in the middle of developing and close to launching New Genesis.

Whereas the expert matching is a feature that by Microsoft/Sega´s own words, should already have been implemented in Global since they promised everything would be coming to the west.

I do not know you personally and hey, who knows, perhaps you play better than me overall, but the bottom line is that you are an outlier, you are the exception that confirms the rule, and to pretend that every expert player be held back so that you do not feel left behind is a bit absurd and selfish.

And by the way, while i have not mentioned this yet in this thread, as a mainly JP player who plays NA on the side, i am not even sure if i could fulfill the conditions in NA once again, considering that i do not have my main JP classes leveled and my loadout is different.

There is a very serious chance that, if expert mode comes out in NA, i may be left behind too, but i am not arguing in favor of the expert mode because it benefits me personally, but because i find it´s exclusion and people demanding it never comes incredibly self-serving and hypocritical, and the proposed solutions, perhaps morally fair, but not realistic.

Replying on phone, sorry if the quote is sloppy

Ok first the Billy Mays line made me laugh so thank you for that.

It’s not realistic to expect anything modified or added from scratch to benefit more players, no, especially with NGS around the corner but it’s something to think about for future content. A one size fits all approach feels wrong for Global. If we had the player numbers of JP maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, there would still be plenty of medium skill level players to join up with.

As it is right now without expert mode in an average UQ it’s usually only 2-3 people still alive in the parties I join, from the last eight I’ve done it’s either me or one other guy having to panic-moon everyone. I’m not a good player, I can’t even S rank some hardcore mode story bosses, it’s pretty dang bad if I’m the player last standing. I never have any moons left and I leave the UQ feeling like I got robbed of a fun experience because it was like pulling teeth. I’m sure expert tier players feel that way all the time, it sucks, it robs you of time for more runs and more loot so I absolutely understand why elite want to avoid all of that.

My complaint is selfish, you have a fair point, I like playing with people who pull their weight. My irl friends have demanding jobs or babies so I usually run with strangers. I don’t want to feel left behind, I fully admit that. I tried to beat Masq recently just so I could feel like I’m a good player but I haven’t been able to beat it. I don’t meet people in this game because I don’t want to feel like a burden or explain myself, that’s no one’s problem but my own.

SEGA promised “all the content” for many things, maybe it’s delayed for NGS, who knows. I think alternative requirements is a fair request for a feature we don’t yet have.

I can help you with masquerade, there are many ways to cheese him as an Etoile Double-Saber, since it´s so tanky and so easy to counter, he is tougher if you try to use the other two weapons.

Heck, i am pretty much sure you can beat Masquerade by just spamming the weapon action (and timing it for the counter when he attacks) and doing absolutely nothing else in floors 1-5.

And it is not that i do not sympathize with you on a personal level, i just do not think that it should hold everyone else that can back, though. The many cannot adapt to the one, it´s the other way around.

@Ryoga said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

My complaint is selfish

Worth nothing when the same thing can be said about the whole premise of the thread.

Not really, asking for a feature that was promised and has existed in Japan for 5 years is hardly selfish, asking that it is never brought to the West for the benefit of a few unwilling or unable IS pretty selfish.

@Star-Platinum What Ship are you on ?

On Ship 2 there is many peoples who are doing Divide. 😕

We both know that, a couple or three months before New Genesis release, Sega is not going to develop a whole new system to benefit a small amount of the even smaller English community.

It is obscenely ridiculous to pretend that we can get a feature that would require programming and developing from scratch implemented above the activation of a feature that already exists.

Lighten up, Francis. (RIP Sergeant Hulka)

Anyone being honest with themselves has realized long ago that opinion-based suggestions on these forums aren't going to actually affect SEGA's decision making regarding the global rollout. And I'd argue that they shouldn't considering the very small proportion/unrepresentative sample of players on this forum. The reality is that we're probably not getting Expert matchmatching at this point along with many other features that already exist (e.g. labeling the blocks). Our only faint hope of changing decisions they've already made would be if they got a large response to and a large consensus on the survey sent out a few weeks ago. On these forums the best we can hope for is giving the devs food-for-thought for content still under development for NGS (my guess is that even the passionate anti-censorship folks here would acknowledge that the fight has mainly been for NGS after the initial silence on the issue).

Again, we're mostly shouting into the void and discussing a game we enjoy with likeminded folks because that's fun to do/provides an outlet to commiserate over frustrations. You claimed you saw no valid reasons against bringing the current iteration of the Expert matchmaking requirements to global and people have been responding to that. I added my agreement that there seemed to be at least 2 valid reasons and offered some possible compromises because Ryoga said he hadn't seen any besides the 3 he listed. If you want to fall back on realism, then we can still talk about how the requirements are implemented using current content because the requirements changed over time on JP too. So adding (titles from) the 4man Madness and Phantasms quest, 4man Ship Infiltration, and/or a lap of 4man Endless Rondo to the requirements is still on the table as a compromise solution.

@Rang-Dipkin said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

So adding (titles from) the 4man Madness and Phantasms quest, 4man Ship Infiltration, and/or a lap of 4man Endless Rondo to the requirements is still on the table as a compromise solution.

Probably not. Before the current requirement it was actually 4 man Extreme Training: Earth & Phantasms OR solo Elite Training: Madness & Phantasms + gear rarity and enhancement to get expert. SEGA realized group test is only testing the ability of others carrying people rather than individual skill competence, and ended up having over 70% of players using expert matching. So they removed the group test to only having the solo version, then doubled down on it by requiring you to meet the dps check to get S rank solo mother + deus also.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-how-to-get-into-expert-blocks/

Not really, asking for a feature that was promised and has existed in Japan for 5 years is hardly selfish, asking that it is never brought to the West for the benefit of a few unwilling or unable IS pretty selfish.

"I want X" is an inherently selfish thing to say. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing but that's just a fact.

@HarmlessSyan Interesting to hear that SEGA was sympathetic to the idea of 4man qualifications at one point. And I agree that carries are the biggest issue against it which is why I originally proposed preventing moons or adding a death limit (i.e. maybe a true compromise isn't possible without some more coding/raising the bar on 4man qualifications (e.g. 300M in endless)).

It also may not be a bad idea to start with a more inclusive requirement because the way people talk here makes it sound doubtful that 70% of global would pass this or that 25% would pass the solo requirements (though maybe our stronger gear/level cap balances out our relative inexperience). Empirical questions abound...

@Rang-Dipkin I don't even care what the game mode is, one moon atomizer use per mission should be the maximum limit. At least one use per character. Maybe people would start getting better units and also grinding them, insted of kissing the dirt from every little graze.

What I find frustrating is the constant “I need healing/res pls” bunch, sometimes you’ll pick them up and they drop again instantly, over and over again. I now wait until at least four people are on the ground to use a moon because once I kept reviving the same two people on the PD UQ and during the last phase we almost wiped and we had no moons left, a quick thinking techer used their long cooldown heal to save the run. It shouldn’t be that close, there’s no real holy trinity in PSO2 where everyone turns to the healer, we’re responsible for ourselves. I think runs would go a lot more smoothly if we could somehow cut that dependency.

@IfrianMMO said in [Expert matchmaking,when?](/post/

I can help you with masquerade, there are many ways to cheese him as an Etoile Double-Saber, since it´s so tanky and so easy to counter, he is tougher if you try to use the other two weapons.

Heck, i am pretty much sure you can beat Masquerade by just spamming the weapon action (and timing it for the counter when he attacks) and doing absolutely nothing else in floors 1-5.

And it is not that i do not sympathize with you on a personal level, i just do not think that it should hold everyone else that can back, though. The many cannot adapt to the one, it´s the other way around.

Aw crum, I use a wand...Meanwhile husband can beat him like it’s nothing and he plays Techer, he would easily pass expert requirements. 😞 Feels bad, I can’t do it even on an easier class but I keep trying. If I ever do beat Masq I’ll probably cry!

If the expert mode was announced as coming soon then no I wouldn’t have a problem with it because it’s already set in stone but the fact we don’t even have it yet(will we have it?) leaves it open to requests even if they never see fruition. It would be nice, though.

@HarmlessSyan

Interesting that it was originally an option but dishonest players ruined it. Global doesn’t follow JP exact, maybe there’s a chance? Like a 1%

@Yggranya

Well, there is still some peoples who die with better gears.

It happen to die first time or twice during a quest but imagine to dying multiple time like 10-20 with the best units. Peoples need to learn to use dodge , block ,counter mechanic. ( You don't need to be a god at dodging, blocking or counter. )

To be honest I prefer to play with peoples who actually play the game and use those mechanic and if only peoples start learning to play their class correctly. I still remember this one guy who couldn't kill Ragne because he don't want to change his playstyle as a Bow Braver.

So yeah, I prefer to play with players who atleast know what he is doing and of course with someone who is willing to learn and improve his gameplay. ( And again you don't have to be a god at videogames it just a simple and basic mechanic to understand. )

For the requirements, I prefer the solo quest method where you have to use your knowledge & experience to prove you're worth to have access into the Expert mode. ( Where a normal player can clear it easily of course I'm not looking for a Hardcore player but atleast someone who actually play the game. )

Anyway with our current gears it would be easier to clear the current requirement.

• Free Weapons/Units of Rivelate Sets!!!!

I’m actually on right now to get the free gear! I got so excited when I saw that.

@Teasa And i prefer to play alone. Doing something solo should unlock a solo version where you obviously play the mission solo. Doing a group version would unlock group version. Both would have the same rewards so everyone could play according to their own preference. Now if the developers would just agree with me. Benefit of solo version: You can only blame yourself.

Also, most people who die all the time are not actually playing the game. They just want to complete a mission while they do something else. What they do doesn't really matter. What matters is that this is the norm when game developers decide to force their preferred playstyle on people, popular in MMOs to enforce grouping. If they wanted their game to be more successful, they wouldn't make dumb decisions like that. Public games are BS and some people are lazy twats.

What I find frustrating is the constant “I need healing/res pls” bunch, sometimes you’ll pick them up and they drop again instantly, over and over again.

Wouldn't even be that much of an issue if the game had units with good defensive utility. You get special abilities like self regenerating shields, healing options, invulnerability and death protection from weapon potentials / SSAs (granted some of these options fail to properly deliver (usually due to the restrictions they placed on them)) but your actual "armor" offers nothing of that sort.

@IfrianMMO said in [Expert matchmaking,when?](/post/

Aw crum, I use a wand...Meanwhile husband can beat him like it’s nothing and he plays Techer, he would easily pass expert requirements. 😞 Feels bad, I can’t do it even on an easier class but I keep trying. If I ever do beat Masq I’ll probably cry!

I recommend giving double-saber a try, as it is the most easy, defensive and forgiving weapon of the three, as it is based on defense.

Furthermore, most of their attacks allow you to teleport/Dash into the enemy, making it very easy to stay close and tight, without requiring any serious physical effort on your hands/arms, unlike other classes where all the dashing is manual.