Expert matchmaking,when?

@Riesz Scape Doll, Atlas EX, Atlas Wired Lance S4 if you have Rivalate and your class needs the S5. Oh, and buying a Genon PP battery from the badge shop is also a good idea if you don't want to bother managing your PP to have enough to dump during down phases. The skills to figure out you need that stuff (asking, reasoning, or researching) directly translate to improving your team play efficiency, even if the exact gameplay skills don't.

But yeah, I feel sorry for Te players.

If someone goes through that length to clear the quests, then they already put in more effort than 90% of the players i encounter these days, so take that for what you will

At the very least, I'm going to focus on Madness and Phantasms + Light: Barren Blossom Triggers to test myself and see where I'm at personally. I think it's important to work on skill and have that be enhanced by gear. (Instead of solely relying on gear)

• Gear will make you efficient, but it won't improve your skills.

If someone rely too much on gear or class ability like "Iron Will / Hero will" then he got the wrong mindset. You can run a non-affixed gear and still doing a better performance than an avg PUG.

If any of the content in this game could be failed because of bad players, then yes, I'd support this 100%. If relevant content had death counts like the deus fight and people would fail bc of someone using sigma/heil units, then yeah, this would be really important.

However, none of the content is difficult enough that you can outright fail a UQ. The only difference is a minute or two on clear speed, and if you expect faster than average, then you run with your alliance.

Splitting an already tiny playerbase, especially on smaller ships would not be good for the community, and would cause people in both sides of the expert/non expert to quit the game outright because they only get half size MPAs now. Sometimes you just want to make sure everyone gets a 40 triboost. I don't think the game is half as toxic as a lot of these people think, and 99% of players just do their thing and don't worry about what other people are doing.

@Teasa said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

• Gear will make you efficient, but it won't improve your skills.

If someone rely too much on gear or class ability like "Iron Will / Hero will" then he got the wrong mindset. You can run a non-affixed gear and still doing a better performance than an avg PUG.

However, most of the cases are, people with poor gears are the ones who care even less. They show up in UH with nox +2, or I've even saw bare hand once. They hide in corner afk, or just use all class launcher and holding down LMB, or be a summoner using a pet doing auto attacks only.

They do not join parties, afraid of getting kicked, but they also ruined another party that could've been 4/4.

So other players get punished by them, not only they deal way less damage, but also they do not join parties, resulting in lower drop-rate.

And a lot of times, you do not even have the control on a multi-party quest, if the player in question is not in your party.

@mafia-leblanc The whole system is incredibly stupid and the idea behind it is completely irrational. aiming a system like this for an arbitrary percentage of the playerbase with no actual static idea for skill requirement is moronic.

The Expert Matching system needs to go from JP, and NA, and be replaced with an actually somewhat helpful system that allows players to set their own expectations as they want.

@Cakewalk

Yeah, I'm aware about those players, I saw someone with a SIGMA BOW +35 and he was just using only Million Storm. Peoples who run obsolete gears aren't supposed to be in UH tho, I'm wondering why they didn't put a gears requirements or stats requirements. 😕

A picture of his gears : ( It was during the release of Persona UQ. )

This person was a Lv.90 BR/RA using Million Storm

3ae8a3f5-de87-484b-b8fe-cb9bb637c90c-image.png

@mafia-leblanc Sure, UQ isn't a big deal. However, dividequest has a relatively tight time limit.

@QWERT that's when you lock your MPA with passwords to go 1-3 people or full party pre-made. Having even 1 leech in divide is a huge disadvantage as it lowers your attack bonus because it scales with the number of players.

It's as you said earlier, Divide Quest will be solo content for people that don't have friends to run with.

@HarmlessSyan What I want is to play with random players without fear of leeches. Is it arrogant to want expert matching for that?

@QWERT according to some people on the forums - yes.

But in all honesty expert requirement is really just a basic competence test on JP now with new gear/higher character level. I still have to lock my MPAs in divide quest with expert on. It was good for level 90 cap, already losing it's purpose at 95 and now a joke at 100.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

The Expert Matching system needs to go from JP, and NA, and be replaced with an actually somewhat helpful system that allows players to set their own expectations as they want.

Or better yet, design thing first and foremost for solo, and scale them for parties later, so i never have to deal with people again. If you want to deal with people, go ahead. If you don't, you don't need to. An improvement for everyone, and a personal choice so nobody has anything to complain about. Yeah, yeah "MMO!" but as we see here, nobody wants to deal with the burden that lazy people are. Would only be a problem for the lazy people after all.

@QWERT said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

What I want is to play with random players without fear of leeches. Is it arrogant to want expert matching for that?

The question is can expert matching even provide you with what you want? How do you define a "leech"? Is it someone who doesn't do anything at all? Is it someone who just underperformed? Where do you draw the line? Someone who can consistently solo PD on UH in less than 5 min might call everyone who takes more than 8 min to do so "a leech". The performance of the players is all over the place and even with expert matching these complaints are not going to go away. In the end the only way to ensure that people are roughly at your level (or where you want them to be) is to run with your team or people you know.

@Ryoga Expert matching is at least better than nothing.