Expert matchmaking,when?

@IfrianMMO man what are you talking about america players is way better than jp players. they needed ten years to do this stuff . we didnt even need a month. they keep spreading out the updates because they dont want us to do it super fast and crush japan spirits. im like they still got to know.... whats the point

@D-L-Solomon7748 said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@IfrianMMO man what are you talking about america players is way better than jp players. they needed ten years to do this stuff . we didnt even need a month. they keep spreading out the updates because they dont want us to do it super fast and crush japan spirits. im like they still got to know.... whats the point

Competition? Maybe JP vs NA in a match making pvp?

I think JP would kick our butts tho. Hopefully I really wrong.

@D-L-Solomon7748 "America players way better than jp players."

Bruh, where you got this conclusion. 🤣

Edit : Look like he got banned! 🤣 my side!!!

4dfe36c4-15c7-4562-9b9e-4336e6f8029b-image.png

His statement isn't right, but JP players aren't better than Global players either. Average skill level is the same on both servers.

At this point, I think adding Expert wouldn't really solve anything, so adding it or not doesn't change anything, except make it really annoying to play with newer players, and then hopefully remembering to turn it back on so you don't end up wasting runs since nobody is going to bother playing non-Expert.

Them adding Expert won't make people happy, as people will still complain about bad groups constantly. If your groups are consistently so bad though, as people seem to imply, you should probably get better yourself. Back when Armada was hot, all my pugs were at least 2/2/1 (only with double long maps), more often than not 3/2/1, and even got 3/3/1 once, yet people constantly complained about 2/1/1 runs. Perhaps some introspection is necessary if Expert is so important to you.

Similarly, if the crime does not go to zero, everything is meaningless, so no police are needed.

dude I really want expert matchmaking but I don't care if expert matchmaking comes or not am just done with pubs. I just did UH persona and it was a straight disaster. People were dying left and right, literally every time I looked on my map 2-4 people were downed. I can forgive getting one shot by boss or getting hit by a combo but to straight run up to him when his about to explode knowing it one shots and still do it is just dumb. Literally 9 people died man that is just too much.

pubs right now are just bad, as I see most geared or skilled players are just running with friends, alliances or pre made groups or even soloing some content just to escaping the headache that is pubs. I find this true as most people don't run in pubs when it comes to hard content like divide, the new extreme quest and ship infiltration etc as they don't trust people will be geared or skilled enough.

If expert matchmaking was released it would solve this problem to a certain extent by allowing players to know that the people they playing with are somewhat capable.(just my opinion btw)

@pogchampXD said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I just did UH persona and it was a straight disaster. People were dying left and right, literally every time I looked on my map 2-4 people were downed. I can forgive getting one shot by boss or getting hit by a combo but to straight run up to him when his about to explode knowing it one shots and still do it is just dumb. Literally 9 people died man that is just too much.

I just had a similarly terrible run. Joined seconds after UQ went up, it took 25 minutes or so and three freaking arks buffs by the time we beat it. I lost count after 20 deaths, I had no moons left. At one point 4 or 5 people were dead at the same time.

There's a good reason I keep recommending Novel as a starter set for Ultra Hard. Don't matter how much additional PP or attack stats your units have if you can't dodge, because you always do 0 dps when you're dead.

I will say I had a very impressive group of pugs earlier though. There were only five of us because we arrived when the UQ was basically finished and we all stayed until the timer ran out. We got the health down but couldn’t beat it, I know most people would bail a losing battle so it was really nice to see everyone giving it their all anyway. Let’s face it, an UH UQ with a group that undersized is hard. It was a sharp contrast to the full 12man UH that was an absolute disaster.

Expert match making is actually going to benefit pub more instead of hurting them, and this is my logic:

Let's make things simple and divide players into four sub-categories:

pic.png

• A Good gear, good skill
  • B Bad gear, good skill
  • C Bad gear, bad skill
  • D Good gear, bad skill

Current system actually benefit players from category A and D, due to the fact that you can continently right click and check equipment, while in contrast, it is difficult to pin-point who is doing well and who is doing bad in a MPA.

Expert match-making is actually going to help players falling in B category, or the ones doing well despite having average or even poor gears.

Will that make players in C category's life harder? Yes. But think about it, even if they actually care to do 5 recommended quests and some limited quests, those free weapons and units can easily bring them out of "bad gear" category. If they do not even care to even pay that little effort, why do they deserve to get carried in some more advanced contents in the first place?

@Cakewalk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Expert match making is actually going to benefit pub more instead of hurting them, and this is my logic:

pic.png

• B Bad gear, good skill
  • C Bad gear, bad skill
  • D Good gear, bad skill

Current system actually benefit players from category A and D, due to the fact that you can continently right click and check equipment, while in contrast, it is difficult to pin-point who is doing well and who is doing bad in a MPA.

Expert match-making is actually going to help players falling in B category, or the ones doing well despite having average or even poor gears.

Will that make players in C category's life harder? Yes. But think about it, even if they actually care to do 5 recommended quests and some limited quests, those free weapons and units can easily bring them out of "bad gear" category. If they do not even care to even pay that little effort, why do they deserve to get carried in some more advanced contents in the first place?

You neglected E in this logic which is new players that will be placed into this C category by force which will make them play with said mentioned lazy players and suffering for it waiting for a handout or someone to set them on the correct path. If they got no Friends and NGS is officially out that could take a very long time. It would be a lot better if things stayed as they are since fracturing such a small playerbase is not the best path for Global and before the argument of we are suggesting use of a system already implemented into the game and SEGA won’t develop a new system while this is true PSO2 Global atm at best has 15-20k players currently playing which is not a lot of players. While people find my reasoning to fight a system being implemented silly and selfish I feel that there is a solution for all which is existing too and that is better moderation such as the GMs being active within the game and dealing with more reports than currently since it is their job to fight such a problem behaviour with the community helping through reports. (Get angry and insult me if you want but I am going to lay down the truth which is if they wanted this system implemented they would have done it already and before you say I can’t complete the requirements hence my complaints against it I have already beat it in the Japanese version and while I used to be supportive of such requirements I am not now after thinking about their impact) I feel NGS implements a great solution to this problem and is very flexible with it.

@YagyuChan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@Cakewalk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

pic.png

• B Bad gear, good skill
  • C Bad gear, bad skill
  • D Good gear, bad skill

You neglected E in this logic which is new players that will be placed into this C category by force which will make them play with said mentioned lazy players and suffering for it waiting for a handout or someone to set them on the correct path. If they got no Friends and NGS is officially out that could take a very long time. It would be a lot better if things stayed as they are since fracturing such a small playerbase is not the best path for Global and before the argument of we are suggesting use of a system already implemented into the game and SEGA won’t develop a new system while this is true PSO2 Global atm at best has 15-20k players currently playing which is not a lot of players. While people find my reasoning to fight a system being implemented silly and selfish I feel that there is a solution for all which is existing too and that is better moderation such as the GMs being active within the game and dealing with more reports than currently since it is their job to fight such a problem behaviour with the community helping through reports. (Get angry and insult me if you want but I am going to lay down the truth which is if they wanted this system implemented they would have done it already and before you say I can’t complete the requirements hence my complaints against it I have already beat it in the Japanese version and while I used to be supportive of such requirements I am not now after thinking about their impact) I feel NGS implements a great solution to this problem and is very flexible with it.

New players cannot join harder contents like divide or UH, so that is not the issue.

But I leveled my alts before (so that I can have multiple points rewards for divide), and even with very good gears and some game knowledge, it is a huge pain to level to Lv80+ to fully utilize the keys. I have tried to advertise this game to some of my friends I met from other MMOs, the biggest issue is not they got left alone, but rather, it is boring as hell to even reach lv80 so that they can actually start to enjoy the game, even with free gears.

With the absolute torrential downpour of keys , exp tickets and triboosts this game has been giving recently(or ever) players can still be new and already facing endgame content. When I was briefly in a different alliance, the guild master had to answer very newbie-centric questions from players looking to join endgame content with the group, things like “how do I upgrade my gear”, things you would find absolutely shocking but this isn’t uncommon. The level next to your character’s name means absolutely nothing, it’s what you learned.

Since the game has no ilvl system like ffxiv to keep players out who have no business being there in gear that could get them killed, content is open to everyone and it becomes a mess.

A restriction on gear to an extent would help a lot and I really think mandatory tutorials for endgame content should be in place, if you cannot pass the tutorial that mimics the real experience then you can’t join.

My complaint about the expert requirements is they don’t match the content you want to do. The content is team based, a solo requirement doesn’t fit(yes I know they had to change it to solo only in jp) but couldn’t we get a simulated group experience with NPCs or something? They already have the AIs for it.

@Milk I still find this an interesting point of discussion. And given the comments on how you can't pug Divide Quests because it's too hard to carry inexperienced/undergeared folks, making the group requirement related to Divide Quests seems like a natural starting point.

IMO, the solo requirement would also probably need to be updated for us because while Madness and Phantasms was a decent challenge on release, it's much easier now with Lvl 100, plus potentials, 13 star units, affix capsules, etc.

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

With the absolute torrential downpour of keys , exp tickets and triboosts this game has been giving recently(or ever) players can still be new and already facing endgame content. When I was briefly in a different alliance, the guild master had to answer very newbie-centric questions from players looking to join endgame content with the group, things like “how do I upgrade my gear”, things you would find absolutely shocking but this isn’t uncommon. The level next to your character’s name means absolutely nothing, it’s what you learned. Since the game has no ilvl system like ffxiv to keep players out who have no business being there in gear that could get them killed, content is open to everyone and it becomes a mess. A restriction on gear to an extent would help a lot and I really think mandatory tutorials for endgame content should be in place, if you cannot pass the tutorial that mimics the real experience then you can’t join.

Ofc it's not uncommon, I've played the global version of MS2 and that game had an integrated group DPS meter for raids. For level 60 raids the DPS numbers I usually saw in PuGs ranged from ~30k up to 3m and that game was using gear score restrictions so me saying that they're pretty much useless was not just hyperbolic.

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

couldn’t we get a simulated group experience with NPCs or something? They already have the AIs for it

I could go into detail here as for why but the NPCs in their current state are pretty much completely useless and can't even emulate a really bad player. Now the idea isn't bad but they would need to overhaul the whole system for this to work which btw I would be in favor of.