Expert matchmaking,when?

you can do uh solo pd in like 8 minutes (probably better, my sword sucks lol) just holding rising slash as hero and tanking stuff, it's not that difficult -- copy that onto the other content and boom, easy expert.

They would really need to update it.

It is just funny to me, how the majority of posters in this thread admit having little knowledge or first hand experience over the Expert requirements yet still feel like they have and deserve a strong and respected say over the matter.

And as i mentioned before, the amount of "Pro-loli/anti-censorship/#AllTheContent" posters that fought against version changes and differences when it suited them, and still do today, but are quick to agree to leave Expert out because it rubs them the wrong way.

Not hypocritical of them at all.

Many posters have already said it before, but it begs repeating, you over-estimate the impact of the Expert Matchmaking, and the difficulty of the requirements, which were clearable years ago with much worse gear and setups.

They are little more than a basic test of player competence in a handful of unfavorable boss situations, and yes, the test and solution are not perfect but it is certainly not the elitist nightmare scenario that people pretend the Expert Matching to be.

But as it often happens in this forum, most posters participate with their feelings and passions rather than facts and knowledge.

Normal attack spam may be too difficult for PSO2 players.

Post your endless score

PSO2 is nearly done anyway, NGS is gonna have something much better than expert matchmaking, something similar to FF14's item level:

Fighting Strength is a new stat that combines your weapon and unit's performance with your character's stats. This stat will allow players to participate in certain quests, (such as EQs), as long as they meet the required threshold.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2ngs-jp-closed-beta-test-site-now-open/

@Ezodagrom said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

PSO2 is nearly done anyway, NGS is gonna have something much better than expert matchmaking, something similar to FF14's item level:

Fighting Strength is a new stat that combines your weapon and unit's performance with your character's stats. This stat will allow players to participate in certain quests, (such as EQs), as long as they meet the required threshold.

I am not sure about this method being better, considering that people cannot beat the current requirements even vastly overpowering the bosses, which clearly indicates that just having gear is not enough.

And "Tales from the Duty Finder" exists in the FFXIV forums for a reason, heck, when i use the duty finder i always switch from my Gunbreaker to my Paladin, because i know that i am going to have to Clemency the fluff out of my team-mates and mostl likely end up soloing the last boss.

Item levels only work if they are extremely strict and the gear to meet those requirements can only be obtained in competitive endgame content, because otherwise it may as well not exist.

@IfrianMMO Of course a stat/equipment based requirement won't be perfect, nothing will, but I'll take an equipment baseline over something like the current expert matchmaking.

Completely going off-topic, I hope they'll use the same term as Dragon Ball does in English translation (power level, perhaps?). That's what the word "戦闘力" should mean.

@IfrianMMO Of course a stat/equipment based requirement won't be perfect, nothing will, but I'll take an equipment baseline over something like the current expert matchmaking.

Well, even if we disagree, that is a respectable stance to have.

While i do not like it, i guess ultimately, Sega has already decided for this method, so i will accept it.

At the very least, it will kill the need for the Expert matchmaking debate, since it seems that Sega has pronounced itself by their decision in New Genesis.

Expert matchmaking just sounds like a lot of people going get a rude awakening that they are not Experts like they believe they are. Then we will see another thread about how the system is bugged and doesn’t calculate match making properly.

I beat Masq! Level 1, but still. Maybe I could do expert requirements if I practice enough, not getting ahead of myself but very proud and determined!

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I beat Masq! Level 1, but still. Maybe I could do expert requirements if I practice enough, not getting ahead of myself but very proud and determined!

Great Job! Very nice!

@Milk said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I am sure you will be able to, if you practice enough.

Despite the post-apocayptic scenario the nay-sayers are attempting to paint, the requirements are several years old, doable at a time where gear was much lower and some of the cheesiest classes were not even released yet.

I am sure that you can do it if you put your all into it, and it may be a good idea to beat them even if Expert never comes, just for your own confidence and pleasure, to be able to say that you did it despite your personal handicaps.

@IfrianMMO

Thank you, I’d like to say one day “I beat it” for all the content even if it takes a long time and no one cares about it anymore and new weapons came out. It will still feel like a victory, expert mode or not. 😁

Next up is S ranking Hagrith, still can’t S rank the hardcore mode end ep1 fight for the dang title.