Expert matchmaking,when?

Easy way is to find a static group and group with them. Otherwise you will always have to expect not every runs will be smooth. We have all types of casuals in Global so everyone plays at a different level. If you pug don't expect perfect results that's just how it's gonna be. If you want to min max your mpa time then go out and find a static group so you can build consistency in your runs.

@QWERT said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Expert matching is at least better than nothing.

Looking at the potential consequences even that is debatable. If a sizable part of the playerbase is unable to clear the requirements then this could lead to non expert PuGs becoming a total s**tshow. While you might say "lol what do I care" SEGA certainly does as they still want as many players as possible to expiriance their "big cinematic" UQs like TPD and we all know what SEGA does when too many people complain about the content being to hard.

@Ryoga If they just want to play, they can do it on a low difficulty level. But I know they don't understand it. It's a nightmare.

@Albedo said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Easy way is to find a static group and group with them. Otherwise you will always have to expect not every runs will be smooth. We have all types of casuals in Global so everyone plays at a different level. If you pug don't expect perfect results that's just how it's gonna be. If you want to min max your mpa time then go out and find a static group so you can build consistency in your runs.

I wanna quote this not specifically to direct something at yourself, but what you said for people who think like this.

Casual =/= Leech

A leech is someone who isn't even contributing the bare minimum. I can take casual players who don't know mechs and die more then they should. I can take casual players who have rarity 15* weapons, but don't have an affix plan yet, or aren't even planning to affix at all. Those players aren't the issue.

The issue is that you have a bunch of players who are going into content that they aren't prepared to contribute to at all. The other day I was in Piper and someone had a rarity 11 weapon (+4), and ended up just getting carried & making the run hell. They were also level 95/95. Those are the players that are the problem. I don't care if you suck at your class, or suck at affixing - but at least TRY.

If you don't know the very basics of gear progression, and don't want to upgrade passed level 40 gear - you shouldn't be subjecting other people to having you in an UH quest.

The devs have been handing out gear and no one has any excuse to be in UH without a rarity at least 14* weapon that's +30

Being overgeared (or having the latest free gear) does not necessarily mean the person behind the character is willing to learn or practice basic core mechanics like Perfect Attacks

@Naru said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Being overgeared (or having the latest free gear) does not necessarily mean the person behind the character is willing to learn or practice basic core mechanics like Perfect Attacks

Being undergeared does show a lack of respect to everyone elses time though.

@QWERT Not arrogant, but thoughtless and stupid since Expert Matching on Pso2 is an incredibly moronic system. It would be pretty easy to design a far better more flexible one which is more useful to everyone, where players can set up their own expectations, but no, people have to insist on the awful stupid system rather than ask for a good one becuase people are morons apparently.

I can in an instant tell which players have the capacity for critical thought and which ones should be completely ignored by looking at who defends expert matching and wants it and who does not.

Expert matching is a litmus test for stupid. the stupid will defend it to the end regardless of the fact we coulda had something far better.

@NIC Trust me noone likes leeches. I don't think casuals are leeches if that's what you were assuming from my previous post. All I wanna imply is that the moment you click que in a PUG match, don't go in with great expectations. That's just how it's gonna be for global. With the free weapon/unit we getting from Sega now, we can pray it should mitigate the issue with people doing no dmg to somewhat of a dmg.

@Naru said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

Yeah, i have seen many players who seem to be watching netflix on their second screen while holding the normal attack button, and that is all they contribute. Get hit? Get up and maybe move a little, and continue holding the normal attack button. I say that it isn't about learning, they are simply bored of the game but still continue "playing" for some reason. I saw a LOT of that in FFXIV too. People "play" while actually doing something else, which is the norm in any kind of enforced grouping in games. It was just so wide spread in FFXIV, it was impossible to do a single dungeon without at least one person having the game they are playing for entertainment as the secondary source of entertainment. Incredibly dumb. Trust me, there will be no repercussions for doing that.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Most decent players already stick to alliance only MPAs and just completely cut out having to deal with subpar pubs.

I am yet to see a single argument that is valid against Expert Matchmaking, and basically 98% of the comments can be easily translated to:

• I cannot beat Phanatical Phantoms and i am scared to be left behind with all the other underperforming players.

• I think i am better than i actually am because i did a big ouchie with Et Full Connect.

• Sure, i die very easily, but i got a Rivalate weapon, clearly this has earned me a place in the top 10%?

• I claim expert is useless ´cause all expert people already do private Team runs yet i claim it will ruin low pop servers because????

Can y´all stop being hypocrites and just plainly come out and admit that you know full well that the second expert matchmaking comes you will no longer be able to leech and have easy and comfortable runs by riding on the backs of better players?

Because that is the one and only reality of the change that Expert matchmaking brings. It simply reduces the amount of overgeared and moderately competent players in the random 12/12 pool.

@IfrianMMO said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I am yet to see a single argument that is valid against Expert Matchmaking, and basically 98% of the comments can be easily translated to:

• I cannot beat Phanatical Phantoms and i am scared to be left behind with all the other underperforming players.

• I think i am better than i actually am because i did a big ouchie with Et Full Connect.

• Sure, i die very easily, but i got a Rivalate weapon, clearly this has earned me a place in the top 10%?

• I claim expert is useless ´cause all expert people already do private Team runs yet i claim it will ruin low pop servers because????

Can y´all stop being hypocrites and just plainly come out and admit that you know full well that the second expert matchmaking comes you will no longer be able to leech and have easy and comfortable runs by riding on the backs of better players?

Because that is the one and only reality of the change that Expert matchmaking brings. It simply reduces the amount of overgeared and moderately competent players in the random 12/12 pool.

Attacking like this is not the correct way to get a valid argument and serves to further worsen the other side. They have made a valid point that I have seen which is the playerbase is already small so why make it smaller with requirements that are redundant at this point. I for one can beat these requirements if I wanted to but why should the playerbase be fractured over some bad people. I suggest further moderation and banning to be the solution that ends this since these requirements will trap people that don't deserve to be in the regular queue while making it very difficult for people to learn how to be helpful to the other 11 people playing since all you would be doing is keeping people who leech or aren't good enough together which punishes the latter. Surely you don't believe that is the right thing to do?

dude honestly am all for expert matchmaking am tired of seeing people so undergeared am talking people running luxe pal, brisha and even cases of people running 6 star units in ultra hard and some people still using nox that isnt even +10( in ultra hard btw). ya you can make the argument that this will divide the already small playerbase but dude should all players who put in effort and actually work on their gear suffer because of these people who dont wanna upgrade their and who just wanna get carried. I mean everybody basically just got free rivalate gear so doing the requirements for expert shouldnt be that hard. Either way like i said am all for expert match making.

@pogchampXD said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

dude honestly am all for expert matchmaking am tired of seeing people so undergeared am talking people running luxe pal, brisha and even cases of people running 6 star units in ultra hard and some people still using nox that isnt even +10( in ultra hard btw). ya you can make the argument that this will divide the already small playerbase but dude should all players who put in effort and actually work on their gear suffer because of these people who dont wanna upgrade their and who just wanna get carried. I mean everybody basically just got free rivalate gear so doing the requirements for expert shouldnt be that hard. Either way like i said am all for expert match making.

I am 70% against it being introduced while I understand you worked hard for your gear it is not right to leave others with the leeches when they don't belong there which is my 30% so unless you have a great solution for this besides better moderation from reports since I already suggested as such for an argument against Expert Matching then I will happily be for this to be introduced but my main concerns are that and people being toxic towards others (To be fair the latter already happens which is why I won't use it as an argument against)

@Yagyu-Chan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

With requirements that are redundant at this point.

@Yagyu-Chan said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

These requirements will trap people that don't deserve to be in the regular queue

Choose one.

You guys keep trapping yourselves in your own arguments.

In one hand you claim that the requirements are easy and obsolete, and that thus they are pointless yet in the other hand you claim it will trap a lot of good players because they will be unable to beat them.

Both things cannot be true at the same time.

This is the same as the argument that in one hand claims that expert is not needed because all the high-end players already play exclusively with their teams and fixes parties, and yet on the other hand you also claim that it will separate and segregate an already small community.

But i thought the endgame players were already only playing with each other?

Once again, you guys have no arguments.