Expert matchmaking,when?

as the title above,any reason we dont have it yet?we already at ep6

At this rate, Divide Quest will be content for solo.

I don't think Global will be getting expert matchmaking.

I somehow doubt Global is going to get expert matchmaking because the skill gap between the JP and EN community is absolutely massive.

And no, i am not looking down on the EN community, it is understandable that the EN community had to learn the ropes by being thrown into a weird tutti-frutti version of PSO2 with weird gearing and mix-and-match content for only 1 year whereas the Jp community played the game properly from start to end across almost a decade.

But it is still a massive gap.

This means that the community as a whole is sort of depending on the top 20% of the operatives to pretty much carry everyone else in harder UH content.

Skill gap between global and JP has nothing to do with getting expert matchmaking in anyway. Many EN players who have put the effort in can easily pass the hurdles, they aren't as high as some think. This would be a boon to the actual good players as they don't have to worry about carrying or leechers as much.

The more likely reason we won't get expert matchmaking is because the community is much smaller on EN side. This is a niche of a niche game. It's doing well enough but it's clear some of the older content is more or less empty outside a very small amount. Thus there's little reason to physically seperate the EN playerbase when it's small enough as is.

@IfrianMMO The skill gap isn't actually that big between the global and Japanese side of things. On the global side you definitely see a lot more people trying hard to min-mix (forcing people into parties, gear-checking and gear-shaming other players, and that sort of thing) because I would chalk it up to largely being a very different culture altogether.

Expert Matching requirements really aren't that difficult to clear and largely will separate the "AFK leeches" and the lazy players (Sigma Launcher auto-fire players, Million Storm/Rising Slash/Brand New Star/Shifted-Kugelsturm spammers, and so on) from the players who can at least play the game. Even players who don't clear Expert Matching will still be able to meet with decent groups because it is an opt-in and opt-out option for joining sessions so general party quality doesn't really change for players without it but players who do will definitely end up with tighter groups overall.

As much as I would like to have it I worry for the public groups (specifically the lazier players and leeches I mentioned) getting more salty and toxic when the minimal effort they put in starts to become unrewarding for them to the extent of ruining the game for other players.

Regardless of skill gap we should have expert matchmaking. Then leechers will learn to pull their own weight. (Maybe)

It wouldn't hurt to add it at all. More incentive for people to get better once they get sick of public groups.

@VanillaLucia said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

@IfrianMMO The skill gap isn't actually that big between the global and Japanese side of things. On the global side you definitely see a lot more people trying hard to min-mix (forcing people into parties, gear-checking and gear-shaming other players, and that sort of thing) because I would chalk it up to largely being a very different culture altogether.

Expert Matching requirements really aren't that difficult to clear and largely will separate the "AFK leeches" and the lazy players (Sigma Launcher auto-fire players, Million Storm/Rising Slash/Brand New Star/Shifted-Kugelsturm spammers, and so on) from the players who can at least play the game. Even players who don't clear Expert Matching will still be able to meet with decent groups because it is an opt-in and opt-out option for joining sessions so general party quality doesn't really change for players without it but players who do will definitely end up with tighter groups overall.

As much as I would like to have it I worry for the public groups (specifically the lazier players and leeches I mentioned) getting more salty and toxic when the minimal effort they put in starts to become unrewarding for them to the extent of ruining the game for other players.

I do believe the gap is much bigger than you want to believe.

Nonetheless, it is not me you have to convince, i am all for the separation, but i doubt they will do it precisely because they stand to lose much bigger numbers by upset leechers than they do by a few frustrated vanguard players.

Even with expert matchmaking people will never stop complaining about "leechers" because in the way the term is used it usually doesn't mean "that person is not meeting the from the Devs. expected standards for the content in question" but "I believe that person is not meeting my arbitrary standards on how one should perform" regardless of how that person actually performed and that's not going to change unless we get DPS meters which I don't see happening (although I don't see any real reason why we shouldn't get at least personal DPS meters but I digress).

"Lazy players" also seems to be a rather silly thing to complain about as this one doesn't even relate to ingame performance. There are some rather lazy playstyles with incredibly high DPS and you might as well ask them to exclude summoner at this point. If someone brings a decent performance to the table and you're upset just because his playstyle seems lazy then the source of your "problem" isn't him, it's you getting upset about optics.

I'm a new player so my perspective is different, what is the benefit of Expert Matching seems that most content in this game has no failure state it does not matter if your team sucks you still get completion.

Is it about faster clears? Urgent quests are hours apart and limited by time of day and I don't imagine people using triggers are doing it via randoms.

Is the player base large enough to justify this system its easy to get groups in urgent quests and the daily recommended quests but for everything else you are likely going in solo.

Would a Cofy quests locking off the highest difficulty behind some competency measure not solve this problem better than splitting the player base as a whole.

Also posting from my phone so sorry for anything amiss.

As much as i would like it, i don't see it working out too well in NA version, the player base is already much smaller than the jp version and was only intended for a very small % of players to get. since in my experience most of this player base is....less than average skilled, it would be quite empty trying to find runs with expert players at a decent rate

For me personally, i just run with my alliance for UQs that have a moderate difficulty rate or need to be speed ran. and the cakewalk ones i don't have an issue resorting to random MPAs.

Also since NA complains about every little thing, you better believe there will be posts crying that they can't leech off skilled players anymore and to "take off expert!!" etc. something similar happened on jp version with a few groups.

Less about Expert itself and more about the trigger, The trigger to unlock Expert is also one of the better ways to farm for Ether gear for augments since you basically get double drops of both Mother and Deus for completing the trigger. The team seems intent on not giving us access to the multi-boss battles as there's also one for Elder and Luther in a single run. Very contrarian to their statement of "All The Content." (Among other things that we didn't get.) I'll also note that even on JP, there is also content that is just dead like Riding Quests, Ultra Hard Exploration, and Buster Quests. Most of that crowd however has basically funneled into Divide quests during off times or other games since they're waiting for NGS now.

@PrinceBrightstar Just in case you don't know, the trigger is in the Rising Weapon Badge 5 shop. It's Mother Ominipotent.

@Sallian said in Expert matchmaking,when?:

I'm a new player so my perspective is different, what is the benefit of Expert Matching seems that most content in this game has no failure state it does not matter if your team sucks you still get completion.

Is it about faster clears? Urgent quests are hours apart and limited by time of day and I don't imagine people using triggers are doing it via randoms.

Is the player base large enough to justify this system its easy to get groups in urgent quests and the daily recommended quests but for everything else you are likely going in solo.

Would a Cofy quests locking off the highest difficulty behind some competency measure not solve this problem better than splitting the player base as a whole.

Also posting from my phone so sorry for anything amiss.

Several UQ can be repeated as many times as possible, which means many more chances at valuable drops, for instance, Christmas on Ice, Armada etc.

Some of them even reward you for the total amount of times and score you managed to clear them with.

Furthermore, precisely because UQ can be scheduled at inconvenient times of the day, many players just want to get them done as fast as possible and perhaps go back to work or whatnot.

And some people stimply do not enjoy carrying people after they put in the effort and perhaps whaling to reach peak performance, but they also do not want to renounce to random playing and socialization with likeminded players.

And there is nothing wrong with any of these scenarios, thus JP has the expert matchmaking, which by the way is just moderately difficult to unlock.

It mostly just prevents the completely clueless and the brutally undergeared from joining, it´s not a top 1% elite club, so there is nothing wrong with it anyway.