Larger font please.

Hi there. Im on a xbox one x and i'm playing on 2 different tvs. My 65" 1080p panasonic zt65 and my Sony x930c. The font in "4k" options are tiny. The large is the only one thats even viewable and anything under that is ridiculous. Its like no one at all took into consideration that we'd be playing on a tv and not inches away from a monitor.

This is a big problem with games in general. It is as if developers want their players to get glasses, when they shouldn't have to. This has been becoming a bigger problem every time higher resolutions become a norm. As screen sizes get larger, the text gets smaller.

Yeah Its like this wasnt play tested on anything other than a Xbox connected to a pc within inches away.

@Ragnawind said in Larger font please.:

This is a big problem with games in general. It is as if developers want their players to get glasses, when they shouldn't have to. This has been becoming a bigger problem every time higher resolutions become a norm. As screen sizes get larger, the text gets smaller.

This is why I only get TVs/monitors with 1080p or lower or 16:9 aspect ratio so I can set resolution down to 1080p. I really don't care for higher resolution myself. At a desk, you should never have more than a 20-22 inch monitor.

Yeah I have a 65in tv as well and I set about 6feet away but there are still times with the large text that I have to scoot up about 3 feet to make sure I read something right, I also wish there was a way to turn off the “emergency code” flashing after awhile of playing it starts to give me a head ach, also that one EQ where you have to destroy the big red orb and if you don’t every one on the map gets poisoned and it turns red and staticy well after that happened 2x the staticy screen stayed and I had to reset the game

@coldreactive said in Larger font please.:

@Ragnawind said in Larger font please.:

This is why I only get TVs/monitors with 1080p or lower or 16:9 aspect ratio so I can set resolution down to 1080p. I really don't care for higher resolution myself. At a desk, you should never have more than a 20-22 inch monitor.

yeah, my monitor is only a 20 in, with a max resolution of 1600x900. When I play games, I use 720p as the resolution. For a regular TV, I use a 19 inch 720p, since the room I play in is small, but that is getting less viable since a lot of games have been cutting off edges and there is no way to adjust overscan on the TV and th console options won't fix it. I will probably see if I can upgrade to a 32 inch 4K, if possible, otherwise I will need a 40 inch or so. At least they can still be played on lower resolutions than 4K, also.

I definitely feel this way about the cutscenes. The font is VERY tiny.

@F0XB0MB said in Larger font please.:

I definitely feel this way about the cutscenes. The font is VERY tiny.

The font is very tiny in the JP PC version also, even if you make adjustments to the client to zoom the text size. It seems to be a side effect of continuing to use the JP font or something, but instead of using halfwidth and maybe fullwidth characters, they are using alphanumeric ones without adjusting the font for their use, rather than symbols.

Oh interesting.

Have a feeling that won't be changed then.