Idola AC Scratch?

Considering that we are getting Idola items from campaigns next week, I wonder if that also means we're going to get Idola themed AC scratches soon too. I wish they would also add connectivity to Boltrend's Idola like how the JP version of Idola and PSO2 are linked (as Boltrend asked but the pso2 side was the one which rejected it), but it's still cool regardless if we get the AC scratches at least.

I hope we can eventually get PSO2ES or an equivalent for NGS as well considering we're getting some Idola items (and some characters from Idola first appeared in PSO2ES). But who knows what the future will hold.

I'd love for this to happen, and I did make another thread that it could be an event as well. Either way, it'd be great for players and the company.

I would love to finish up some of the PSO2es cosplays I had on my end while also having the IDOLA costumes for the characters who do show up (Matoi and Gene have IDOLA-specific costumes and voice tickets).

I feel it would be nice to see the worlds connect more in the sense that I would love to have the PSO2es characters (such as the Weaponoids which we have had since the start of the Global version) become temporary guest party members or cameos via Emergency Code: Unite and more. The only thing missing by then is the fact that we don't have PSO2es' story or a means for Global players to see/learn of the story in that game that has references and tie-ins to Phantasy Star Online 2's story and world.

@VanillaLucia Honestly hoping SEGA corrects that. It'd be really beneficial for both the company and the players.

I hope not. PSO2ES was a mistake for Japan anyways. Players shouldn't be dragged on mobile game to able to obtain weapons / items for a PC / Console game. Those two are two complete different category and player types.

So nope, I don't want to ever see this happening. It would be only a detriment to see a cross of mobile / platforms game added to Global. I play game to chill, not to gacha on my phone on a small 5 inches screens. If people want to play mobiles, there's ton of options already and leave platforms alone.

@Pulptenks said in Idola AC Scratch?:

I hope not. PSO2ES was a mistake for Japan anyways. Players shouldn't be dragged on mobile game to able to obtain weapons / items for a PC / Console game. Those two are two complete different category and player types.

So nope, I don't want to ever see this happening. It would be only a detriment to see a cross of mobile / platforms game added to Global. I play game to chill, not to gacha on my phone on a small 5 inches screens. If people want to play mobiles, there's ton of options already and leave platforms alone.

This

My ony thought on this is if we don't get PSO2ES, we need a method to grind SG at the same rate as JP, otherwise the cashgrab accusations for Global will start to carry some weight.

@Pulptenks I personally liked the PSO2es story and how it tied in as a sidestory for the game. On the global version we already have altered drops to get PSO2es-exclusive weapons like the Sigma weapons but hopefully we can get more of their exclusives as well.

I liked the characters and the general story that game had and liked how it tied into the main game so it bothers me that we already have the Weaponoids available as weapons but not the characters as partner cards or as guests to encounter out in the fields.

@VanillaLucia said in Idola AC Scratch?:

@Pulptenks I personally liked the PSO2es story and how it tied in as a sidestory for the game. On the global version we already have altered drops to get PSO2es-exclusive weapons like the Sigma weapons but hopefully we can get more of their exclusives as well.

I liked the characters and the general story that game had and liked how it tied into the main game so it bothers me that we already have the Weaponoids available as weapons but not the characters as partner cards or as guests to encounter out in the fields.

That's cool and all but it should be kept as it's own game. Not something that interact directly with a mainstream platform game. My point still stand.

@Pulptenks I mean, the global version could get more alternate way, besides, a company is going to try a way to make their games rake in money and I can see us getting a PSO2es regardless. Just probably not how it was set up for the Japanese version.

I mean of course if they were to release PSO2ES reverting the other ways we can get items that were only available via PSO2ES in the JP version would be bad. But if they were to keep both methods then I see no other reasons to be against it. And really people should have mentioned this in their responses not just outright say no without thoughts about a way they could do it better.

It would honestly be incredibly stupid if they were to remove the ways we get them now in the Global version, that would definitely make at least some people quit the game, even if they never used the items.

If we're being honest, PSO2 is probably just going to become a SG generator for NGS anyways. They may even stop supporting PSO2es since JP is also linked to Idola as well.

Another thing if the global version does get an Idola scratch, it would be nice to have some the IdoMags such as Canis Minor “Bow,” Lynx “Cat,” “Rai,” Momo,” and/or “Ori.”