Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List

Mission Pass Season 12 has been announced, and like Season 11 we have some re-runs.

I just don't have the energy to criticise the mess tonight, so just for informational purposes here's the list:

Season 12 Tier Rewards Previous Season Previous Tier
Normal 04 * PB Saber 9 Gold 20
Gold 03 Fox Tail: White, Fox Tail: Yellow, Fox Tail: Brown 3 Gold 01
Gold 09 Slit Knee Socks: Black, Slit Knee Socks: Brown, Slit Knee Socks: White 4 Gold 06
Gold 16 * Fun Fun Bazooka 2 Gold 26
Gold 17 Ten-Gallon Hat:Brown, Ten-Gallon Hat: White 4 Gold 01
Gold 20 Flamegash 2 Gold 08
Gold 21 Heartbreaker, Another Side Ponytail, Breaker's Hat 2 Gold 18
Gold 22 Melder Parts set 2 Gold 10
Gold 23 Ionia Parts set 2 Gold 30

The only other detail to note is that the outfits in tiers 20-23 are all from Season 2, but still a mix-up of which outfits within it. both male sets and the female non-CAST are from the early tiers, but the female CAST set is from the later tiers. Ideally to reduce confusion it should have been the Medium parts set from Gold 05.

Edit: One other observation - This is mostly seasons 2-4 again (with the only season 3 content being pre-tier 24 again, resolving nothing). I predicted that they'd use the flawed reasoning that "we already revived Season 1" despite the fact that we were given nasty dilemmas that forced us to choose to leave half of it behind, and it seems that prediction is coming true.

Strange, given the occasion I expected them to use the outfit sets from the Happy New Year Party Scratch for this one. Specifically Luchter Orbit, Surge Picaro, Bailarin and Guardi but for some reason they decided to give us a regular pass instead.

IMO they should make better use of their Mission Badge Swap Shop and just offer the items from past MPs there.

There's really no issue with mixed revivals, and it's really how it should be done (people hop into the games at all sorts of different times after all), but the fact that pre-PC content is still locked away is infuriating. I would like myself an Angriff Set, please.

@Matt said in Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

There's really no issue with mixed revivals, and it's really how it should be done (people hop into the games at all sorts of different times after all), but the fact that pre-PC content is still locked away is infuriating. I would like myself an Angriff Set, please.

To extend this, it's interesting that between seasons 11 and 12 they have revived almost a third of all of seasons 2-4. We are missing the content that is neither outfits nor accessories - for instance the usual normal tier 12 furnishing and normal tier 24 emote from these seasons - but if those are provided as well we could see this method ultimately provide the full content of seasons 2-4 over the course of seasons 13-16 which I would be happy with.

Incidentally I remember you wanted cast sets from Season 2 so I hope getting two of the four sets this time is progress!

@Miraglyth said in Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

we could see this method ultimately provide the full content of seasons 2-4 over the course of seasons 13-16 which I would be happy with

For many players this would solve nothing. There should be a method to get items from past MPs without having to pray that they re and re-re-release the items they are looking for which could take years, decades if one day they decide to expand the range of items they use for the MP because "non NGS outfits don't cut it anymore". Meanwhile Mission Badges are piling up with nothing there to spend them on.

@Ryoga said in Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

For many players this would solve nothing. There should be a method to get items from past MPs without having to pray that they re and re-re-release the items they are looking for

This would certainly be nice to see, and considering these outfits were generally AC scratch items on JP that could be traded it would be nice if their overall availability was improved somewhat on Global, yes.

But just to state my position, there are PC players who wanted to play in March that were forced at the time to watch as the first 2½ seasons passed by without any chance to get their rewards, and the complete revival of every outstanding item from those seasons would specifically solve that legacy issue. I do think drawing a line under that would be a great thing to do as it would simplify subsequent improvements.

My biggest question is about why they're putting in the PB Saber again so soon.

I started with Steam release so season 2 is way before my time. PB Saber is pretty weird though.

I was wondering how people got Risa's set.

This seems like a real old set, and my storage is getting full as it is. (Already yeeted the duplicate sets.)

I could see my Alliance member going after that Eclepist Body.

I'd much rather save my money for a new PC and a swathe of NGS FF items, despite that material drop.

I really like how fun that Bazooka looks, though.

Looking forward to what sorta Mission Pass items we'll get in two to three months when NGS is near the Spring deadline.

I'm fine with it since I'm also returning to the game. Although it doesn't look fairly interesting to me overall either way. Just going to finish it for the Emel.

@Ryoga said in Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

IMO they should make better use of their Mission Badge Swap Shop and just offer the items from past MPs there.

Unless they end up doing mission badge swaps for affixes like in JP, this seems like a good idea for it, especially considering how little there seems to be to do with mission badges. Even if a single old item cost like 50 badges or something.

I don't even care. I get to make Risa. IMO this mission pass looks really good.

I like all the CAST parts at least but none of the other stuff and I’d rather see the oldest MP stuff that I wasn’t around for.

Hello operatives! Thank you for sharing your feedback on Mission Pass Season 12, as well as the Mission Badge Swap Shop. I'll bring this up with the team.

@GM-Deynger said in Mission Pass Season 12 Ugly Mixed Revival List:

as well as the Mission Badge Swap Shop. I'll bring this up with the team.

Hopefully obvious addendum request then to not remove anything from the swap shop unannounced.