Premium and Mission pass (battle pass)

Exactly what does premium do to effect how I interact with the battle pass.

I see without premium to "unlock" the better stuff for each tier you have to use SG... Does being premium negate this? As a premium member once I "unlock" a tier will I be able to select from any of the rewards without having to use SG?

The in game battle pass page doesn't really say how these are connected and the link on here isn't super clear.

Any clarification would be great.

They're not connected. Premium is separate. The only thing you use SG for with the Mission Pass is to purchase a tier without having to work for it. If you don't want to use SG, you need to do the ARKS Missions by opening your menu, pressing X and selecting the bottom set of missions. All you need to do is fulfil the requirements so you can unlock the Star rewards.

If there's any confusion with Stars and Star Gems: Stars are the currency used to unlock tiers in the Mission Pass, earned through ARKS Missions Star Gems are a premium currency that is used to buy the Mission Pass and unlock tiers, earned through titles and story missions or purchased with real money.

@AnamanaAU said in Premium and Mission pass (battle pass):

They're not connected. Premium is separate. The only thing you use SG for with the Mission Pass is to purchase a tier without having to work for it. If you don't want to use SG, you need to do the ARKS Missions by opening your menu, pressing X and selecting the bottom set of missions. All you need to do is fulfil the requirements so you can unlock the Star rewards.

If there's any confusion with Stars and Star Gems: Stars are the currency used to unlock tiers in the Mission Pass, earned through ARKS Missions Star Gems are a premium currency that is used to buy the Mission Pass and unlock tiers, earned through titles and story missions or purchased with real money.

My problem with that answer is im currently on tier 9. When I go to purchase the Gold reward in let's say tier 2 it's asking me to pay 200SG.

Here is the direct quote from the link

"Mission Pass Gold Tickets can be obtained through the Mission Pass interface using Star Gems, with the purchase of a Premium Set through the AC Shop, or by purchase from the Star Gem Shop"

In my mind this makes it seem that have "premium" status is the way to access these tiers without using SG I just want to confirm before hand.

If you're trying to redeem items from the Gold tier, you need to have used a Mission Pass Gold Ticket. With purchases of Premium, I believe one Mission Pass Gold ticket is included free. They can be purchased with Star Gems, however. If you progress through the story missions and the game in general, the story missions and Title rewards will give you star gems for free. If you have not used a Mission Pass Gold ticket, then you cannot get the Gold rewards. If you have used the consumable item Mission Pass Gold ticket, and it still won't let you do this, please provide a screenshot and submit a ticket using the support menu on this website.